Best method for unlocking iPhone 4 @ 4.2 and New BB

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mgartner0622, Jan 4, 2011.

1. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

Hello-
    Please excuse me here, I am absolutely terribly uniformed about iPhone unlocking.
    I have an iPhone 4 32GB, that I would like to unlock for use with T-Mobile in the USA. I have the small SIM (cut) and everything, and I would like to know how to unlock it. My iPhone is running iOS 4.2(.0) with the New(er) baseband. Cydia is downloaded and installed. I realize there might not be anything out right now, but;
    If there is, could I please get instructions on how to unlock my phone; is there something I am missing?
    If there is not, what is the news on it? I have checked the iPhone Dev team website, and there does not appear to be anything that applies to me.

Thank you for your help, and again I am sorry for being so uninformed. Google has left me helpless as well.
    I have backed up the SHSH "blobs" with TinyUmbrella a while ago. I am also using a Mac running 10.6.5 with the newest iTunes if that is relevant.

Thanks again!

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There's nothing available to unlock your phone right now.
    All you can do is wait.

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

4. mgartner0622 thread starter macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

5. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

Best method involves Canada or Mexico and about $800.

Edit, but hey you can get about half that back by selling your old phone on eBay! Such a deal and so easy.