Best method of paying

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MrJSmith, Jul 23, 2011.

1. MrJSmith macrumors newbie

So I've gotten some help over the past couple of days from some of you guys, which thank you for that, but now it's on to the next step...buying.

I know I'm going to buy a 13'in MBP, possibly with the SSD drive built in but regardless I don't want to drop a chunk of money right away for the laptop. I've got it but I don't need that huge amount gone at once so has anyone ran into a good way to purchase one over months of payments or any ideas?

2. Barnzee macrumors regular

Honestly if I had the cash I would just buy it. Any sort of financing will end up costing you more money because of interest. However, if you are trying to build credit, some cards offer an initial 12 months interest free if you get approved. Just make sure you pay it off within 12 months. Anything else is just moving backwards.

3. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Pro tip: Avoid the Barclay card like the plague.

4. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

If you can get an interest-free installment plan, you then use it so that you may have a period of time that can be up to one year for you to pay off your purchase without being charged any interests.

5. MrJSmith thread starter macrumors newbie

Best Buy offers 18 months no interest as long as it's fully paid off by the end of the 18 months.
    That's been the best deal I've seen so far but I'm not going under with the Barclay's card.