Best method to connect MBP to TV

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by sdilley14, Oct 30, 2014.

1. sdilley14 macrumors 65816

Right now I am running my MBP to my TV using a Thunderbolt to HDMI adapter. It seems to work ok, but sometimes not so much. If I change inputs on the TV to watch cable, then switch back to the input the the MBP is plugged into, it'll sit on a blank screen for a while before the image kicks in. Sometimes it will give some nasty static on the screen for 5-10 seconds. And sometimes the image will work but the audio will continue to go through the computer (when this happens I have to disconnect the TB to HDMI cable for 5-10 seconds and let it "reset").

I'm wondering if this is a cable issue or a TV issue? I have a feeling it is more of a TV issue, especially considering I had similar issues when I had my Apple TV plugged into this HDMI port.

Would I be better served just running an HDMI to HDMI cable rather than the TB to HDMI cable? Or shouldn't it matter either way?

2. JGRE macrumors 6502a

JGRE

I have a PS4, ATV3 and a TV set-up box, all connected via HDMI to my Samsung TV. Switching from one to another device takes always a few seconds, sometimes it has issues recognizing the devices.......