Best method to exchange your phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by infoe, Sep 25, 2014.

1. infoe macrumors member

For those that want to exchange model/memory size/color

I purchased initial phone on apple store pre order for in store pickup so i count as a in store purchase. Not sure of that matters

What is the best way to do so? I am on a subsidized phone so i cant buy online on apple store app do i need to just go to store and ask them to exchange from a certain stock?

Is it easier or possible to have apple send you the phone you want and then return mine? Does the 14 day period just count from the moment you told them you wanted to exchange?

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Ordered online but in store pickup counts as a store purchase?

3. infoe thread starter macrumors member

To my knowledge, yes

4. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Go to an Apple Store and ask for a EXCHANGE instead of a RETURN. If you do a return it'll process fine on AT&Ts servers and you should get the upgrade soon but Apple's system might give you grief. So a straight up exchange is the best thing you can do.

After you return it, make sure you are getting correct amount in taxes back from Apple (if you purchase a phone of lower cost)

Lastly after you exchange it--if you are on AT&T--fill out the unlock request because it just might work.

5. infoe thread starter macrumors member

Thanks. Unlock request on new device? Out of curiosity to what beneft?

6. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Did you buy it NEXT? If not it'll increase the resale value a lot if you try to upgrade next year or the year after.

7. infoe thread starter macrumors member

got you, yeah I can do the unlock now or wait a bit till end of the year..i just requested a 5 to be unlocked that i am selling