Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

infoe

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
For those that want to exchange model/memory size/color

I purchased initial phone on apple store pre order for in store pickup so i count as a in store purchase. Not sure of that matters

What is the best way to do so? I am on a subsidized phone so i cant buy online on apple store app do i need to just go to store and ask them to exchange from a certain stock?

Is it easier or possible to have apple send you the phone you want and then return mine? Does the 14 day period just count from the moment you told them you wanted to exchange?

ToroidalZeus

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2009
Go to an Apple Store and ask for a EXCHANGE instead of a RETURN. If you do a return it'll process fine on AT&Ts servers and you should get the upgrade soon but Apple's system might give you grief. So a straight up exchange is the best thing you can do.

After you return it, make sure you are getting correct amount in taxes back from Apple (if you purchase a phone of lower cost)

Lastly after you exchange it--if you are on AT&T--fill out the unlock request because it just might work.

infoe

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Go to an Apple Store and ask for a EXCHANGE instead of a RETURN. If you do a return it'll process fine on AT&Ts servers and you should get the upgrade soon but Apple's system might give you grief. So a straight up exchange is the best thing you can do.

After you return it, make sure you are getting correct amount in taxes back from Apple (if you purchase a phone of lower cost)

Lastly after you exchange it--if you are on AT&T--fill out the unlock request because it just might work.

Thanks. Unlock request on new device? Out of curiosity to what beneft?

infoe

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
got you, yeah I can do the unlock now or wait a bit till end of the year..i just requested a 5 to be unlocked that i am selling

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.