Best method to try to get iPad this weekend (3.12.11)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by miamialley, Mar 11, 2011.

1. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I've heard rumors of stores getting shipments this weekend. What do we know? If you didn't get one on launch day, what's the best method of finding one?

2. 53x12 macrumors 68000

53x12

Get up early and beat the masses.

3. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

But do we know Apple stores will get replenishment shipments overnight?

4. KTS1010 macrumors newbie

Man I hope somewhere gets some, I couldn't get off early and tried everywhere in Charlotte to no prevail.

5. dread macrumors 6502a

It's likely apple will still be filling orders from the people that were there today. When they run out of stock they take in store reservations. They may not have iPads for walk ins for a while.

6. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

I'm wondering the same thing. If so, I'm there first thing in the morning.

7. alent1234 macrumors 603

UPS and FedEx aren't going to deliver before late morning

8. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

So is it worth it to be at Apple when they open tomorrow to at least reserve an iPad? Do we know they'll be doing this at least?

9. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

The one near me did not do this. I went there out of curiosity after waiting at Target to no avail, and they had cut off the line at the sellout point and were telling the other 25 or so people to try again at 9am but they can't make any guarantees, don't know what they'll get in (if anything), etc.

ETA: Also, the Target claimed they should be getting more "sometime in the next couple of days" but had no idea which models or how many. Which isn't a surprise, since they had no clue what they were getting today until it arrived at 5:05.

10. AJayAgliolio macrumors member

AJayAgliolio

I was one of the unlucky ones who had to work until 5:00 today and by the time I got to the nearest Best Buy, they were all gone... As well as the local Target, Walmart and AT&T Stores... Ugh...

I called the nearest Apple Store (about an hour away) and they were sold out too, but did say to call in tomorrow because they might get more... They claimed to get shipments of different product everyday and suggested I call around noon to check because that's when they'd know.

Personally I'm thinking of just going to the Apple Store when they open and hanging around until someone knows something... Thankfully it's in a mall so I have plenty to do if I've got to wait around for the shipment to come.

I'm crossing my fingers.

11. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

I herd they get shipments every day, or the fastest possible

12. raymondpaul macrumors newbie

already got it. Best method would be to wake up early and stand in line.

13. Cutwolf macrumors 6502

Helpful.

I plan to hit up a few different locations tomorrow. Apple Store right when it opens, find out what they have to say, call around to various Best Buys, check out some Walmarts, etc.

14. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I am REALLY REALLY angry.

Not with my friend but with Apple.

It seems the SF Bay area had about 20 AT&T iPads available in TOTAL.

Sure I am exagerating but the point is there were so few that it was virtually impossible to get them.

You literally had to be at the FRONT of the queue...

How in hell can an Apple store have NO 16 or 32GB AT&T iPads and only a limited amount of 64GB?

At an Apple store? How can the local wal-marts have none at all. How can Target and Best Buy have NO 3G iPads at all.

What is Apple playing at? I hope my friend can pick me up a 3G tomorrow but it is anyone's guess when Apple will next restock...We can hope tomo
    but it doesn't mean they will have any 3G ipads again.

15. outz macrumors 6502

my local target told me they would be putting out stock sunday and wed.

16. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

After everything cleared up....My local walmart still had 1 32GB Black ATT, 1 64GB Black ATT, & about 5 white 64GB wifi. No one was buying them. I wish they had a 16 or 32gb black wifi for me though.

17. spinstorm macrumors 65816

From reading these forums it looks like the areas where no one wanted AT&T have plenty and the areas where everyone wanted it have none left.

Lets hope for new stock tomorrow...

18. goMac macrumors 603

We need to start some sort of iPad exchange. Plenty of Verizon iPads here, but I need an ATT...

19. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

BS. I got flat ass turned away when they were out of the model I wanted. Said "we usually get Saturday shipments during a launch like this, we open at 10am, see you tomorrow".. ****bag scalpers shipping AT&T ipads off to ****istan and all the other lame ass countries that don't get it until june or some crap. them and their 20 friends at the front with wads of gift cards and cash.

20. Mattstkc macrumors 6502a

Mattstkc

that's the game plan. was strongly urged to come back tomorrow at the semi-fact of a morning shipment. Apple vagueness at it's best. hope starbucks opens early i'mma need me a quadshot for this shiznit

21. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

I ended up getting one today at my Apple store. They are horribly sketchy on a arrival details and don't give any info. I arrived this morning at 9am (opens at 10). They told us they were out of all ATT models, which I was wanting. I waited until they pened just to see, but they were still out. We left for lunch and came back 3 hours later and walked out 10 minutes later with a 16G 3G iPad 2. If you want to get one, you just have to show up and see if they have it. They clearly have been told to say nothing.

LOVE it btw!

22. tracerhawk macrumors member

tracerhawk

I was at the front of the line this morning (6th in line) for the large store in Scottsdale, AZ. They had a shipment come in about 10am. The Apple guy at the line had us tell him what we wanted, he would call back and confirm, and then send us in with an apple rep.

When I got in 1 minute later there was

- no black 16gb 3G's
    - no black 32gb 3G's
    - no black 64gb 3G's
    - no black 32gib wifi's
    - no black 64 gib wifi's.

They had a brand new shipment of about 150 units we saw them bring in, too, and I was 6th in line. But when we got inside, basically you had to either get white, or get a 16gb iPad2. I left emptyhanded rather than pick up a white one or a 16gb one (not enough room for all my pics/apps/music/movies).

Sucks, and they told me at my spot in they line they had them. once I get inside 1 minute later, they didn't have them. No vouchers or anything either for standing in line for 2 hours. The Apple rep apologized and just said "It is what it is".

Nice. :(

23. black743 macrumors 6502

I was at my local Best Buy today and they had a whole cage full....probably 50+, all models and colors. I thought they were the first ipad til I saw the front, and the guy working there thought nothing of the fact that they had plenty.