Best mock-up of site re-design

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by cosmokanga2, Jun 8, 2010.

?

Which version do you prefer?

1. Current Website

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Mock-up #1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mock-up #2

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  4. Mock-up #3

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. None. Start fresh.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

My current website is in need of some changes and I've created a few mock-ups that I would like some opinions on. While the links in the pages will work, they re-direct to the wrong address. Also, there should be shadows on boxes however they don't all seem to be showing up and please ignore all the little inconsistencies.

Mock-up Main #1:

This was the first one I did but have since left it alone in favour of the following.

Mock-up Main #2:

One of the things I want in the new site is larger images and this version allowed me that while keeping everything "in a box".

Mock-up Main 3#:

Came up with this today. The idea is that the images are on a gallery wall with the floor below. This is my current favourite although the user has to have a large screen for the whole experience.

Below are the links to what the portfolio and biography pages would look like with the new design. The personal pic will change too :).

People #2.

People #3.

Biography #2.

Biography #3.

Thank you very much!

2. celticpride678

I like Main 2.2, but I think that it would be better with the background color from Main 2.3 (instead of white).

I like Bio 2.0 the best.

3. ChicoWeb macrumors 65816

ChicoWeb

Honestly, I like your original one best for landing. I think you can mix some of your new content in with your old website for a mini-refresh.

4. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I like #2. While #3 is nice and clean, I'm not crazy about the wood texture at the bottom.