best monitor/display for mac mini?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by thebadgator87, Jul 31, 2012.

1. thebadgator87 macrumors member

hey MR im thinking about down grading to a mac mini from my macbook pro. I need money to pay down my credit cards so I can buy a house. So my question is what display/monitor is best for the mac mini? The only reason I ask is because it tried to hook my MBP up to my big screen and it was outta wack didnt line up right and was just really annoying and if thats the case with the MM ill just say where I am. Thanks for the feedback!

2. micrors4racer macrumors 6502

If the picture wasnt aligned then it sounds like a resolution issue or the actual alignment of the picture which you can adjust too.

But if you are really going to get another monitor then I would go with the 27 inch cinema display or comparable dell 27".

3. thebadgator87 thread starter macrumors member

4. blanka macrumors 68000

The best at a reasonable price for the best:
    The NEC PA301W.
    If you are on a budget, the 27 inch of NEC is the better deal:
    NEC PA271W.
    The last monitor you need.... Until it breaks after the 5 year warranty...

The NEC PA271W is everything the CD should be:
    - Wide gamut with true AdobeRGB and sRGB covering thanks to 3D lut
    - Antiglare
    - Tilt/Pivot/Swivel (serious ergonomic options)
    - Native support for 24Hz, 23.98Hz, 25Hz, 48Hz, 50Hz, 60Hz video footage (most LCD's just to 60Hz and nothing else)
    - Built in KM switch: attach 2 computers (macbook/mini) and use the keyboard and mouse for both without replugging.
    - 30 bit colour (but only with Windows 7, no Mac support for it yet)

5. thebadgator87 thread starter macrumors member

sorry thats a little out of my price range i should of mentioned that im looking for something between $100-$200 im trying to save money remember haha

6. oldtime macrumors regular