Best Monitor for Black Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Iglio, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Iglio macrumors regular

I have a very nice black macbook. I enjoy it. I currently use it in 'clamshell mode' using a 19 inch westinghouse monitor, which is just not cutting it anymore. In addition I do not like using both screens running at the same time, it clutters my desk too much. Therefore I am in the market for a new monitor. I was elated when Apple released the new 24 inch LCD, but it is not compatible, so I lucked out. Hence I am wondering what monitors you guys would recommend. I liked the Dell Ultrasharp 24 Inch, and I do not believe my Macbook could handle anything more than 24 Inches. Money is not so much an issue here, but I'm not made out of money. Also the old Apple monitors are way to overpriced, and do not have the compatibility with my XBox 360 =D. So tell me what you guys recommend I am very interested in what you have to suggest!

2. foodle macrumors 6502

Typing this on a black Macbook driving a Dell 2407. Works great. If you get the new Dell 2408 be sure you get the newest revision (A1) that has small sharpening steps. The older A0 version has very coarse sharpening step settings and is basically either too fuzzy or over-sharpened.

3. manuel.mx macrumors member

Hey

I got a Samsung T260HD, notice the HD cause there is a T260 model.

It is a 25.5" monitor that you can get from amazon for 500 bucks, it is really big and it has DVI/VGA/2 HDMI/Composite

So you can plug your xbox in every way, but SD cables....

It is a great monitor, and the plus on it is that it has TV Tuner on it, and it is even cheaper than TV's that size and that dont go beyond 720p. This supports full hd 1080p.

It supports up to 1920x1200 resolution and works really nice with my old 12" powerbook through DVI, with my new aluminum mb doesnt work that good in DVI but that is due to problems with the new macbook, with older computers works just great.

I would highly recomend that monitor since it offers the advantages of a TV and a very nice resolution. Read reviews, and compare to other brands and tv, and you will see that iis very nice, since it has HDCP and is useful for protected content, so it works for way much more things than those that your mac can do.

In fact i got an xbox today and i plugged it in and im playing gears of war 2 there in 1080p with composite, planning to get hdmi soon to ensure im getting the best quality.

After playing a bit with its color calibration, it looks awesome.

Good luck