Best Monitor for Black Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Iglio, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Iglio macrumors regular

I have a very nice black macbook. I enjoy it. I currently use it in 'clamshell mode' using a 19 inch westinghouse monitor, which is just not cutting it anymore. In addition I do not like using both screens running at the same time, it clutters my desk too much. Therefore I am in the market for a new monitor. I was elated when Apple released the new 24 inch LCD, but it is not compatible, so I lucked out. Hence I am wondering what monitors you guys would recommend. I liked the Dell Ultrasharp 24 Inch, and I do not believe my Macbook could handle anything more than 24 Inches. Money is not so much an issue here, but I'm not made out of money. Also the old Apple monitors are way to overpriced, and do not have the compatibility with my XBox 360 =D. So tell me what you guys recommend I am very interested in what you have to suggest!

2. Bickley macrumors newbie

3. taylortot1913 macrumors newbie

If money is an issue

i would recommend getting a mini dvi to component cable from the apple store for twenty dollars and just running it off your current tv or if you wanted a new lcd tv to do that.

4. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Your macbook will drive the 2408wfp without a problem. It can even run the 27 inchers as well. The only think it can't use is the 30 inch monitors with the 2560x1600 resolution. I'd go with the Dell. Their Ultrasharp exchange policy is second to none in the industry, they'll exchange a monitor with pretty much no questions asked.