Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acedrums

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2009
Southwest
I am considering purchasing two monitors for my computer at home (since its easier to work with two bigger monitors then one). What are good monitors for their price? I am considering either the view sonic VA2223wm or Hanns G HH221.

ComputersaysNo

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2010
Amsterdam
I'm not familiar with those monitors, but you can improve imagequality A LOT with a monitor-callibrator. They are not that expensive and once a callibrated monitor and you will never want anything else. You can have the best, the most expensive monitor there is, if the colors are off, it is as good as the cheapest.

KeriJane

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2009
ЧИКАГО!
Hello.

The 30" Apple Cinema Display is still one of the very best.

I have its 2 smaller siblings, the 23" and 20"... both are still outstanding for color matching and accuracy.
This series (20, 23 and 30" ACD) remains some of the least expensive SWOP certified monitors out there.

Just because the 30" is "Old" doesn't mean the newer ones are better. Most aren't.

http://www.westcoastimaging.com/wci/page/info/photoshoptip/LCD.html

The 24" ACD is very good if you don't mind a glossy display.

You're going to pay a lot more for a "color accurate" display vs. a generic one.

Have Fun,
Keri

SoCalRich

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2010
NorCal
I am considering purchasing two monitors for my computer at home (since its easier to work with two bigger monitors then one). What are good monitors for their price? I am considering either the view sonic VA2223wm or Hanns G HH221.

What is your budget? What type of images are you working with? Web surfing & office apps? Gaming? Photography? Prices range $350- b$1,500+-,
IPS vs TN, Glossy vs Matte.

Dr.Pants

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
NEC 2690 WUXi if you want wide-gamut, otherwise NEC 2490 WUXi. Those two are pretty bang for the buck.

What's your budget? If you need a monitor for design and can't spend a whole lot, the NEC EA231WMi is a lot more affordable, otherwise the Dell 2209WA can be had for less then $250 IIRC.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.