Best Monitors for Graphic Design/Photography

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by acedrums, May 9, 2010.

1. acedrums macrumors member

I am considering purchasing two monitors for my computer at home (since its easier to work with two bigger monitors then one). What are good monitors for their price? I am considering either the view sonic VA2223wm or Hanns G HH221.

2. ComputersaysNo macrumors 6502

ComputersaysNo

I'm not familiar with those monitors, but you can improve imagequality A LOT with a monitor-callibrator. They are not that expensive and once a callibrated monitor and you will never want anything else. You can have the best, the most expensive monitor there is, if the colors are off, it is as good as the cheapest.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

4. KeriJane macrumors 6502a

KeriJane

Hello.

The 30" Apple Cinema Display is still one of the very best.

I have its 2 smaller siblings, the 23" and 20"... both are still outstanding for color matching and accuracy.
    This series (20, 23 and 30" ACD) remains some of the least expensive SWOP certified monitors out there.

Just because the 30" is "Old" doesn't mean the newer ones are better. Most aren't.

http://www.westcoastimaging.com/wci/page/info/photoshoptip/LCD.html

The 24" ACD is very good if you don't mind a glossy display.

You're going to pay a lot more for a "color accurate" display vs. a generic one.

Have Fun,
    Keri

5. lordofuo macrumors regular

6. SoCalRich macrumors 6502

SoCalRich

What is your budget? What type of images are you working with? Web surfing & office apps? Gaming? Photography? Prices range $350- b$1,500+-,
    IPS vs TN, Glossy vs Matte.

7. Dr.Pants macrumors 65816

Dr.Pants

NEC 2690 WUXi if you want wide-gamut, otherwise NEC 2490 WUXi. Those two are pretty bang for the buck.

What's your budget? If you need a monitor for design and can't spend a whole lot, the NEC EA231WMi is a lot more affordable, otherwise the Dell 2209WA can be had for less then $250 IIRC.