Best mouse for art student with tremor

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by librarymom, Aug 27, 2010.

1. librarymom macrumors newbie

I'm trying to find a precise mouse to use with a new MacBook Pro. My daughter just got the MBP for art school; she's a graphic design major. She has a small hand tremor from medication and it has been frustrating to use the touch pad alone. Many posts mention the Magic Mouse, MX or Performance MX, and VX but these all seem to be wireless. Any lag or delay in the wireless would be difficult with the tremor so I'm thinking maybe a USB connected mouse??!! Any suggestions would be appreciated-thanks!

2. RedReplicant macrumors 6502a

Wireless mice really don't have any lag anymore - my Performance MX has none, but the scroll wheel on it is frustrating. It's too sensitive.

3. waw74 macrumors 68030

if you live near an apple store, (or probably a best buy) they should have magic mice set up, have her go in and try one.

4. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

You could have a look at the Contour Mouse. They're really designed for different symptoms to those you've described, but an advantage could be it's mass/inertia, which could help offset the effect of the tremor. From personal experience I can also say they are very, very comfortable and you can buy one suited to the exact hand size and so on. They are not cheap, however.