Best mouse for graphics?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by patseguin, Sep 13, 2015.

1. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

i want to start using my Mac for Illustrator and Photoshop but my Magic Mouse is horrible for detailed work. It is too thin, lack of buttons a little problematic, and is generally not precise enough. Can you guys recommend a good 3rd party mouse?

2. kamuix macrumors regular

I generally like using gaming mice as they work for me quite well. I game time to time, but I found that gaming mice were also great when I used photoshop and illustrator. Gaming mice usually have an awesome grip, plenty of buttons to macro, and the optical sensors are usually top of the line. I tend to have mice from logitech as they have decent mice and great sensors. I've used a logitech 502 and that was a good mouse, with decent amount of buttons for macros. As of now, I'm just using a g302 for simplicity and it works for the type of grip I have. I think in general, you can't really go wrong with any gaming mice, as they are all top notch with great optical or laser sensors for accuracy in illustrator and photoshop.

3. CreatorCode macrumors regular

CreatorCode

Most of the graphics people I know use a Wacom tablet for detail work.

4. patseguin thread starter macrumors 65816

patseguin

For what it's worth, I bought a Logitech MX Master and it's terrific. The bluetooth isn't compatible with my 2011 MBP so it uses up a USB port but it sure is a nice mouse.

5. c8rlo macrumors 6502

c8rlo

this will be my next mouse upgrade...