Best mouse for MAC Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by keacy, Apr 4, 2008.

1. keacy macrumors newbie

i ve just bought new Mac pro, thats my first apple....
    and i am using mainly Maya and Shake, but standart apple mouse is
    horrible...
    could give me some helpful advices what is the best mouse for Mac
    and also for 3D ....

:apple:

- any normal Pc mouse
    - or Trackball mouse
    - or Space navigator 3D connexion
    - wacom tablet
    - or something different ..............

i will really appreciate any help

thanks !!!

2. ceehjayem macrumors regular

You don't like the mighty mouse? I think it works well. Only gripe I have about it is that the ball stops turning once it gets dirty but thats a quick fix with some isopropyl alcohol.

3. remmy macrumors 6502a

Look at logitech for mice, they are quite heavily recommended

I also recommend the wacom tablet, although expensive I use it for everything now, especially illustrator.

Hmm I like the MM its just that sometimes you accidentaly squeeze it and there are not enough buttons, but the little roller ball for navigating is great, its not got stuck yet.

4. Mr.Noisy macrumors 65816

Mr.Noisy

I too like the MM, ok the dirty Balls (here we go again...:rolleyes:) are a pain in the a$$ but once you get used to it and activate the secondary button, the MM works pretty well, I guess you either love it or loath it :)

5. ichiban macrumors newbie

If you are using a Mac Pro, I can only imagine you on it for long periods of time.

I personally liked the mighty mouse, but that was until I was using the computer for 7+ hours a day. I decided to switch to a more ergonomic mouse. I looked at a few companies but eventually went with the Microsoft Natural 6000. 1. it was on sale, and 2. because it was of the sideways variety that I wanted.

Basically this mouse puts your wrist in a more natural position. I tried out a lot of mice, even the expensive Evoluent and the highly regarded Logitech mice. In the end, they did nothing for my prolonged use of the mouse.

I am getting a Wacom soon, so maybe that will change. But for general stuff like browsing, the mouse still keeps my hand and wrist feeling good.

Best Buy had it on sale a few weeks ago for $49.99. I am sure it will get down to that price again. Hope that helps you!

6. Thiol macrumors 6502a

Thiol

The Logitech MX revolution is wonderful both in terms of ergonomic and features. THe best scroll mouse I've ever used. Reviews have been amazing.

7. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I can't stand my Mighty Mouse (turning off the side buttons helped). I like the Logitech mice, but I've become used to Microsoft so I use a Laser Mouse 6000 right now.

8. croll macrumors newbie

croll

Logitech VX Revolution
    RAZOR DeathAdder
    WACOM Tablet

Look into a gaming mouse or something with 'On The Fly Resolution Adjustment'... it comes in handy when doing detailed work in Photoshop, and working with paths in Illustrator. The RAZOR DeathAdder is a good one. Logitech has great products. I am currently using the Logitech G5 laser with both my MAC and my other computer (we won't go there).

WACOM tablets are great for art and creative work! but I can't seem to get use to using it for everyday tasks.

9. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

I was in the same boat...

I just ordered a Razer Deathadder mouse (with white lights) and a Razer Destructor mouse pad.

Was considering the Mamba or Revolution, but wasn't open to giving up 1 of my 2 USB ports on my MBP. :rolleyes:

I will let you know what I think.

10. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I love the MX Revolution. If it's too big, or you don't like the side scroll wheel, go for the VX Revolution.