Best mouse for MBP? Wireless Mighty Mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by iBunny, May 23, 2007.

1. iBunny macrumors 65816

I will be getting a MBP shortly. Im sorta bummed that the Mighty Mice do not come in silver too, like the "Pro" lines....

How is your expirance with the Wireless Mighty Mouse?

Any other good recommendations for mice? They dont have to be wireless, but I mite as well free up a USB port if possible. Thanks.

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

The Mighty Mouse is great save for two issues. The little scroll ball tends to get clogged up and you need to clean it often. Also, the mouse is really one button mouse so you need to lift your index finger off the mouse when right clicking.

3. NickD macrumors 6502a

NickD

I find Logitech's mouse line great for functional reasons. Look at the MX Revolution or the VX Revolution.

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I use a mighty mouse regularly and don't particularly like. I like my Logitech VX Revolution a lot, I would highly recommend it over the mighty mouse. If you're worried about using a lot of USB ports, you might consider investing in a USB hub, as they aren't too expensive.

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

6. itsallinurhead macrumors 6502

itsallinurhead

7. warfa macrumors regular

8. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I have that mouse and it is the best mouse ever made IMO. You can use all of the features in Mac OS X and program all of the buttons using either steermouse or the Logitech Control Center. I'm using steermouse, but I'll probably have to go back to the Logitech Control Center once my trial runs out on Steermouse.

9. dmaxdmax macrumors 6502

dmaxdmax

If you can, go to an Apple Store and try a MM. I use a wireless one and it's fine.

10. danielhayter macrumors member

danielhayter

With the Logitech VX Revolution do you have to have the 2.4 GHz micro-receiver plugged in to a USB port even if your Mac has bluetooth buit in?

11. err404 macrumors 68020

I tried the MM and returned it after a few days due to not being able to hit more then one button at the same time.
    Now I use the Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 (full size, not the Presenter). With the latest Intellimouse 6.2 drivers it works very well, other then the cursor is a bit slow (not laggy, but takes large movements to move). This is easily corrected via a one-time "defaults write -g com.apple.mouse.scaling some_number" from a command line. Oddly when using the provided dongle the movement did not exhibit the decreased sensitivity.
    Some people have reported difficulties connecting the mouse, but at least for me it was trouble free.
    The back button could have been placed better, but the mouse is ambidextrous.
    This is a bit pricey for the mouse, but it is bundled with a couple of the MS keyboard offerings. I use the Entertainment Desktop 7000 wich was just over $100 online. the kbd has a very nice feel to the keys, but is lacking a number pad and physical function keys. Also beware that the drivers are less functional for the keyboard, only providing the basic functionality.
    If you use a PC and a MAC you could always use the mouse on your MAC and the keyboard on your PC with the dongle.
    The style of both match the MBP nicely and the movement is smooth and responsive. I'm happy to be dongle free.

12. err404 macrumors 68020

13. warfa macrumors regular

Awesome! all the more reason for me to buy it then :D

14. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

15. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Yes because the VX is not bluetooth, it uses RF frequency.