Best mouse for OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Rossdillon, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Rossdillon macrumors newbie

[can't find a forum for non-Apple accessories so starting here]

So I love the Magic mouse except for it's tendency to randomly accept unintended hand/finger motion as inputs and the screen zooms or the spreadsheet go shooting off the page. I can barley tolerate it but my computer-hating-but-tolerating-as-necessary-evil wife goes crazy when those things happen.

I also have a Logitech Performance MX mouse that fits my hand perfectly but is waaaaay too sensitive (software adjustments don't help).

Can anyone recommend a mouse? I don't care what brand...

2. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

USB Mighty Mouse is pretty good. I also have a Dell Premium USB Mouse that isn't bad either!

3. photostudent macrumors newbie

I have only ever used the Magic Mouse that came with my iMac or the Trackpad on my MBP. As a student photographer in my final year of my BMA I was wanting a programmable mouse that I could use and configure to use with (Hasselblad) Phocus, Photoshop, Aperture, Capture One, and Nikon. 90% of my studio work is shot tethered and 40 ish % location shoots are tethered. My assistant and I purchased the Cyborg R.A.T. 9 and the Razer Ouroboros...
    after three weeks of use I swapped the Razer for a R.A.T 7 from a Gamer Geek in our Halls...
    The R.A.T. 9 is wireless but the customizability of the R.A.T. series was a HUGE selling point we both loved. The biggest downer for Laura meant after 9+ hours of editing and eating horrid Varsity Noodles her R.A.T. 9 lasts no more than 13 hours when thrashed, but since it comes with two batteries and the charging is also the Bluetooth dock it really is splitting hairs but she still likes to complain.. Neither of us have had any issues with strain nor discomfort and we are editing for very long periods at a time. The R.A.T. 7 is a wired beastie but with the aid of a dongle/bungy contraption it is no different than any wireless mouse I have used.
    The on-the-fly dpi adjustment is a fantastic feature we both use immensely when photo shopping and shooting in studio. The programmable buttons means we setup the configuration to suit us personally and the program we are running. There are tons of reviews available out there, just ask Auntie Google. We chose the Cyborg range but use the Razer control (mouse) pad and the combo is flawless. Uni has the G700s on their iMac’s but with filthy students these gunk up weekly and damn you could start germ warfare with what cultures are growing on them. I swapped the Razer mouse only because the R.A.T. had a lager footprint for my larger than normal paw with the customizable attachment. The Razer worked fairly well but I did have issues with the positioning of the right side button (not right click). I am sure I could have given it more time and got used to it but I like the R.A.T. feel, immediate responsive. Aesthetically they are both the spawn look-a-like of an illegitimate child from Predator and Alien not that I care it’s usually hidden in my grip while I edit. I did not experience issues with setup they all have worked seamlessly and the customizability and comfort outweigh the price we have to pay to get them DownUnder.
    Hope that helps