best mouse for photoshop?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by fineaddme, Oct 6, 2012.

1. fineaddme macrumors regular

hi all I have been using a apple magic mouse but it sucks.
    I need something better.
    I have looked around and seems my best options maybe either a Logitech performance/revolution mx or a razer mamba.

but heard the mx revolution is better then the performance, and the only way I can get the resolution is buying the mx5500 combo.

any suggestions are appreciated.

2. needfx macrumors 68040

needfx

combo of logitech mx 5500 kb/mouse & wacom bamboo digitizer

3. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I have a Logitech V470 BT mouse that I keep switched off but near my MB. It comes in handy when I find myself wanting to do things "the mouse way" which is less and less often these days.

4. ppdix macrumors 6502a

ppdix

Logitech revolution MX.
    I program brush size increase and decrease on the side buttons, for example. You can customize anything, besides being a ckmfortable, ergonomic mouse with great tracking.
    Cheers
    Patrick

5. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

When it comes to Photoshop a Wacom digitizer will run circles around one of those soap bars.

6. Mr. Retrofire macrumors 601

Mr. Retrofire

Easy:
    [​IMG]

7. turtlez macrumors 6502a

turtlez

Any mouse but if you want to do serious work use a wacom tablet. The only thing I don't use the tablet for these days is when I use the Pen Tool. All my hotkeys are set to my keyboard which I can navigate around in with my left hand only so I don't need any extra mouse buttons.

I would personally shoot for comfort > features when it comes to a mouse.

Hope I helped.

8. Parkin Pig macrumors 6502a

Parkin Pig

I agree - if you're serious about Photoshop, you need a graphics tablet. You'll never get the same accuracy or ease of use from a mouse. I haven't used a mouse for over 5 years now. The Wacom isn't just useful for Photoshop, it speeds up everything you do, and it's much more comfortable to use. My particular set up is a Wacom tablet and a magic trackpad. The trackpad is mainly for rapid scrolling and zooming.