Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
Hello all,

I have been struggling getting Rhino Mac to work as effectively for me as Rhino windows....

The mouse is the biggest hurdle. Previously I used a microsoft wired mouse, the old one which somehow worked perfectly. This died and I couldn't find a replacement, and I wanted something wireless.

I tried the 3DConnexion mouse, but the drivers are dead and the support is lagging. I was wondering what you all would suggest.

What mouse works best for Rhino Mac???

I have tried the trackpad, but there are limitations with it that don't seem configurable easily through steermouse...

Any other suggestions?

Thank you!
Richard

AppleSmack

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2010
You can still buy the Microsoft Intellimouse, absolute classic! Sadly, I couldn't find a wireless version last time I looked. The Logitech g603 is a decent alternative (Bluetooth or Logitech's dongle) - it fills the hand as well as the Intellimouse.

organicCPU

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2016
O.K., you´ve been trying it, but do you know, that there are different models from 3Dconnexion (a Logitech subsidiary)? CadMouse (legacy), CadMouse Wireless, CadMouse Pro Wireless, CadMouse Compact and CadMouse Compact Wireless are available.

Personally I´m utilizing a wired CadMouse, which fits best possible to my Blender needs as far as I could find. I´ve had a test drive with a SpaceMouse Pro and then three different CadMouses of the same wired deprecated type so far. One mouse did have a defective button after 3 month. It was exchanged by one, that had a sensor problem and sometimes was moving unexpectedly. The third one is almost intact, except one button that provides a different haptic feedback compared to the other two. Finally, I gave up searching for a perfectly working 3-button-mouse, thus using a model with some quirk. The driver is o.k. for me, but I don´t use Big Sur so far.

Before, I was using tools like MagicPrefs and BetterTouchTool with a MagicMouse and emulating a 3rd mouse button in the middle.

However, I'm interested in what models you´ve been testing and if you´re going to manage to get a better mouse for 3D. Would you share some in-depth insights?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.