Best Mouse for RMB

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AppleTree, Jun 13, 2015.

1. AppleTree macrumors member

Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has found the perfect mouse for the new RMB. Looking for something that has outstanding battery life, portable (not a full size mouse) obviously bluetooth, since this thing doesn't have any USB ports for an RF dongle.

Thanks!

2. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Logitech just released a new Bluetooth mouse called the MX Master. It looks like it is as good as the old MX Revolution that everyone used to rave about.

3. adonis3k macrumors 6502

4. MyopicPaideia macrumors 68000

MyopicPaideia

I would have to the say the built in trackpad. Don't mean to be that guy, as I really do get where you're coming from. When I was on windows machines, a mouse was an essential accessory. When I first used a Macbook trackpad, it changed all of that almost instantly, haven't used a mouse of any kind in 4 ½ years.

I get that there are professional use cases where nothing really can beat a mouse, like advanced digital artwork...

But have you given the trackpad an honest go? One less thing in your computer bag, multitouch gestures, super fluid and responsive, etc...just saying.

Apologies for hijacking your thread if this is unwanted feedback. :oops:

5. MVPinFLA macrumors 6502

I love the trackpad and normally don't need a mouse; but I got a cheap Logitech 185 that I plug into my cheap USB-C dongle for when using Lightroom and Photoshop. It does work a lot easier than the track pad for me for that type application.

6. bwb macrumors member

Agreed, for a more conventional (e.g. non-touch or gestures mouse) this one is very appealing:

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Anywhere-Wireless-Mobile-Mouse/dp/B00Y09IWGQ/

I'd wait until it is in-stock at Amazon itself and not through that third party seller (bottom right of page shows it sold with Amazon for $80 but out of stock currently, since it was just released). I've used it's predecessor, the Anywhere Mouse MX, and it is superb as a travel mouse but required Logitech's proprietary 2.4GHz adapter. This one can use both the adapter or bluetooth normally, so would be perfect for the rMB if you need a more conventional pointer. Tracking is very very good with the MX mice, works on almost all surfaces, and I recharge the battery in my older model probably once a year despite using it almost every day (though this could be different with the bluetooth model). I plan to buy one once they are in-stock, for RDP and VNC sessions to Windows/Linux machines.

7. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

Apple Magic Mouse with BetterTouchTool is hard to beat IMO.

8. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

It should be called the Apple Tragic Mouse. It's the worst mouse I ever used.

Logitech makes nice mouses so anything from them will probably be good.

9. Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Trackpad, or Rollerball,, mouse go fro Logitech, Apple Magic Mouse hurts my hand, too flat profiles all wrong.

Q-6