Best Mouse in YOUR opinion?!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by wfoster, Mar 1, 2009.

1. wfoster macrumors 6502a

wfoster

What is the best mouse in your opinion? I am looking for a new mouse and have heard that the wireless and wired Mighty Mouse's ball seems to pack in every few days due to gunk and other rubbish getting stuck in there.

I don't want to have to deal with that so what is the best mouse for me? I'd preferably like a white wireless mouse but then something sleek and comfortable. Any ideas and state your opinions!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

My favorite is the Logitech VX Nano. I wanted a Bluetooth mouse, but didn't find one to my liking. However, the USB dongle for the VX Nano is the smallest on the market, so I can leave it plugged in all the time, even in the sleeve.
    [​IMG]
    The mouse has great battery life (3-5 months, using it 12-16 hours/day) 5 programmable buttons and an ultra-fast scroll wheel. It also has a travel pouch and is very portable. Some prefer a larger mouse, but I like it fine, as I use fingertips, rather than palming it.
    4129.1.0.jpg.jpeg
    Sorry, doesn't come in white.

3. sknikos macrumors newbie

I have used a lot of them. IMHO mighty mouse is an avarage mouse. Microsoft's ones are good but not something special. The best mouse I have ever used is Logitech Revolution MX. It has a lot of functions nad the new version of its software didn't cause any problem to me. Disandvantages are its high price and the need to have a receiver attached to an USB port. You can find a bluetooth version of the mouse bundled with a keyboard but it is of limited functionality. This is because its software is designed for windows only. You can bypass this shortcoming by using the software steermouse. This solution is a little expensive but it works very nice to me. Oh, I forgot to mention that the mouse is very ergonomicaly designed, too.

4. acurafan macrumors 6502a

the logitech v450, i have it on all my laptops and desktop. it lasts 6 months (yes, i kept count :D).

5. Stella macrumors 604

Stella

Logitech VX.. its great and despite its size is still very comfortable. In fact I prefer this sized mouse now than 'desktop' mice.

Also, when travelling, the mouse has a slot for the USB receiver.

I was looking for a BT mouse but never found one of good quality. Its a shame logitech don't make more BT mice.

I've always found Logitech mice better than all others.

6. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    I think Logitech MX Revolution is the route I'm going to go too.

On Amazon, Logitech MX Revolution Cordless Laser Mouse for Apple Mac - Black (910-000673) has 3 full 5 star reviews and is currently $87.24. But the "non-mac version" of the Logitech MX Revolution Cordless Laser Mouse (Black) (Item model number: 931689-0403) has 501 reviews on amazon, averaging 4 stars, and is currently $55.99 after rebate. That $30 savings would be nice, but I'd like to know what I'd miss out on.

The other contender for me is the Logitech MX 1100 Cordless Laser Mouse (910-000718) from Amazon which is currently $46.48 after rebate.

I'm not a gamer so I don't need necessarily need the most flawless mouse out there. But if the Mac Version of the Logitech MX Revolution is really worth the money for whatever reason, I'll buy it.

(In case anyone's interested, this is the mouse I want to use w/ my 1.83ghz C2D Mac Mini that I recently purchased off of craigslist. Got it last month, but had been waiting a while to get the monitor I wanted - the Dell 2408WFP. Now that I finally got that, I needed a keyboard and mouse. The keyboard I'll be using is the older Apple Wireless Pro Keyboard M9270LL/A which I'll be buying off a friend for $40).

7. Davy.Shalom macrumors 6502

Davy.Shalom

I still use a Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse. Really good mouse...

Are you looking for a bluetooth mouse though?

8. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

I myself can do wired or wireless. I figured a wireless might be nice to clear up clutter but I really don't care. If there's a solid wired recommendation, I'll go with it it.

9. fanbrain macrumors 6502

fanbrain

I use the MX1000 at work and love it. I used the MX1000 at home, but it started to flake out, so I bought the MX1100 and, in some ways, love it more than the MX1000.

Three co-workers use the MX revolution, but I don't like it. The second wheel gets in the way and the MX1000/1100 fits my long hands better.

I can't stand the mice from Microsoft.

Have you gone to your nearest office supply store for some 'hands on' time? That's the only way to shop for mice. You wouldn't buy shoes without trying them on would you?

10. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I love the MX Revolution. I conned my employer into buying me one at work, and I have one at home. I like the the VX Nano as well, but it is just a bit too small for my hands for long term use. I like it as a travel mouse, though.

11. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Haven't done that yet, but I probably should. I'd love if the 1100 is the one that works best for me because that's half the price of the MX Revolution for the Mac. What I'd like to know is what exactly is the difference between the MX Revolution that's for the mac and the other MX revolution. Prices are ranging here quite a bit.

12. Dmac77 macrumors 68020

Dmac77

Logitech MX Revolution, hands down. It is the most comfortable mouse in the world. Plus the battery lasts a long time.

Don

13. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Or how about a mouse/pen combo?

I just replaced my mighty mouse (recurring ball problem) with a $99 tablet/pen/mouse combo: http://www.wacom.com/bambootablet/bamboofun.php

I went that route because of wrist pain from mousing at work all day. I use the pen instead of a mouse on my imac - but the kids prefer the mouse that's bundled with the package. It takes a day or two to adjust to the pen, but for a lot of operations it seems easier and quicker. It feels more natural. It also lets you play with OS X's built-in handwriting recognition and makes photo retouching easy-peasy.

The mouse is wireless, but you must use it on the tablet (kinda like a mouse pad). The tablet needs a USB wire to the mac (I bought an extendable "reel-up" one so I can work with the tablet either on my lap or on the desk). The pen and mouse are both battery-less (no recharging req).

The only thing I miss from the mighty mouse it the ability to squeeze for expose. There is a button on the tablet for expose, but it's less convenient.