Best mouse to use with MB

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by iaddict, Mar 14, 2008.

1. iaddict macrumors 6502

My son wants a mouse to use with his MacBook. I've read some awful reviews of the mighty mouse so I thought I'd ask which mouse some of you use and what are the pros and cons of each. He doesn't care if the mouse is wired or not.

Thanks

2. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

I use a Logitech MX-518. It's wired. It's branded as a "gaming" mouse, so its nicely weighted and has great tracking along with DPI (sensitivity) adjustment. I also like that it has six buttons, which I assigned to Exposé & Spaces. (Eight buttons if you use SteerMouse.)

3. Holmes89 macrumors regular

Holmes89

I'm looking for a good mouse as well, except I want wireless. Is it best to go to Bluetooth or just get a wireless mouse. I don't want a Mighty Mouse but what should I get? (I've heard nice things about the Microsoft Bluetooth mice but it kind of seems like a conflict of interest :p)

4. 119576 Guest

5. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

I dont know why, but the VX Nano seriously hurts my pinky after a few minutes of use.
    I would recommend the Razer Pro Click 1.6.
    It matches the Macbook perfectly, It's a gaming mouse so it has 1600 dpi (extremely sensitive) and it has mac drivers :D

The only downside is, the cord is extremely long, so keep that in mind.
    http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=16

It look a lot better in person. :p

6. cherry su macrumors 65816

cherry su

Logitech MX Revolution

Logitech MX Air

Wiimote

Old fashioned trackball FTW :D

7. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I have this mouse also, and it's really great. Good size, easily accessible buttons, lots of buttons, great tracking. Really, it's the perfect mouse, except for the wire.

The VX revolution is also really good. It's a bit smaller, and wireless (but not bluetooth). Not as accurate (not a gaming mouse), but perfectly good for most uses. And it actually has 10(!) programable functions (using steermouse).

8. michaelteak macrumors newbie

Logitech MX1000

I love my Logitech MX1000, but I have the radio wireless version (NOT the bluetooth which I've heard has issues). I don't think it's made anymore, but I got a good deal on a used one on Ebay. To me it's it's the perfect balance of form and function- and not bad at all for gaming. The MX518 felt really good at the store too, but that one's wired. Both worth checking out. Good luck!

9. jakfrost macrumors member

Not sure what I'm missing here, I've been using the Mac Mouse (wireless) for a few weeks now, it came with the MacBook Pro, and have absolutely no issues with it. Works fine.

Mind you I save my gaming for the dedicated gaming boxes, I have had it with screwing up my expensive laptop/desktop with power/processor hungry code monsters.

So for my photo processing, emailing, etc, the Mighty Wireless Rodent is working just fine!

Jim

10. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

Actually the Mighty Mouse is not bad at all. I read all those bad reviews but still decided to get one. I got the wireless Bluetooth Mighty Mouse. I really like it! The scroll wheel is fantastic and you can use it on any surface! I don't even use a mouse pad. But it's really good and it's worth the price!

Trust me, you won't be disappointed with it. I don't know why other people are.

BTW, it might of been a problem with the older ones. I got mine two weeks ago.

11. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Logitech v270

Built in Bluetooth :) It's awesome.

12. iaddict thread starter macrumors 6502

Bluetooth mouse?

How much of a battery drain are they when using the MB on battery power?

13. Bad Paper macrumors 6502

I use the (wired) Mighty Mouse and give it four out of five stars. You have to pay attention when you're surfing, lest you trick it into thinking that you are right-clicking instead of left-clicking, or vice-versa. I have configured the buttons for spaces, expose, and dashboard. Works great. Cord is exactly the right length.

I would never recommend a wireless mouse: heavy, tendency for computer and mouse to go different directions, and when the power drops, you get erratic results. And more expensive.

14. mckyvlle macrumors 6502a

What's wrong with a wired mouse?

I only use a mouse when my MacBook is on the desk. Usually plugged-in to AC power, Ethernet, and external drives -- so one extra wire for the mouse isn't that bad. :rolleyes:

On the road, it's the trackpad all the way!

15. Cyroceon macrumors 6502a

Cyroceon

I say Bluetooth Mighty Mouse all the way. I'm using that right now and I'm loving it.

16. maccanuck2006 macrumors member

Razer Copperhead. I use Steermouse to configure it in OS X and it obviously works great in XP with the supplied Razer drivers.