Best mousepad for Magic Mouse?

Filocullen

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2013
Hi, I want to use a mouse pad, what kind of mousepad surface do you think the Magic Mouse 2 will be best on? An aluminum, leather-like or regular...? I'v also read a discussion where they advise to get a busy printed pattern pad rather than a plain colour one, cause it will track better, what do you think?

artfossil

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
I like tracking and precision. :)

For a mouse pad, I like cheap and big with a monochromatic surface (preferably black). I’m an artist and the only pattern I want to see are those I’ve designed and even then I prefer to keep my workspace uncluttered.

I have this one from Amazon: http://a.co/3i55oUX

Jodiuh

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
Just want to pickaback on this and say that I have noticed the magic mouse 2 feels...off. I have tried a mousepad and a desk and they both seem to be a little less than precise.

Moonjumper

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
I don't use a Magic Mouse, partly because I use the middle button on my mouse a lot, but for every mouse I have ever used I find a thin material mat with rubber backing to be the best. Plain coloured has always worked best for me. And get as big as possible.

Jodiuh

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2009
Well, I give up. I tried a couple apps, but nothing can fix this mouse. I'm constantly misclicking or scrolling inadvertently. Having to lift my left finger up to right click's incredibly stupid. But the worst aspect of the mouse and the reason it's going back? It's imprecise in a way that only ball mice from 80's were.