Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smale

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
Hi,

I made scrolling end credits in Final Cut Pro using the text function, but my film's distributor is saying they look like I filmed a television set. Someone told me I should be using an NTSC monitor so I can see them properly, but I'm also thinking I should re-do them in another program. I have Live Type, but there isn't much info in the help menu on how to make scrolling end credits. I have Photoshop too and can try that method, and I also read about Keynote from iWork being okay... does anyone know the most professional method of doing credits? Should I try LiveType first? Does anyone know why my Final Cut credits don't look good on a DigiBeta when they look fine in FCP?

thx

Sophia

bmcgonag

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2007
Texas
As simple as it seems, iMovie has a built in scrollin gcredits function. It will look choppy in preview mode, but once you export the final product and it renders...looks good.

Brian

Hi,

I made scrolling end credits in Final Cut Pro using the text function, but my film's distributor is saying they look like I filmed a television set. Someone told me I should be using an NTSC monitor so I can see them properly, but I'm also thinking I should re-do them in another program. I have Live Type, but there isn't much info in the help menu on how to make scrolling end credits. I have Photoshop too and can try that method, and I also read about Keynote from iWork being okay... does anyone know the most professional method of doing credits? Should I try LiveType first? Does anyone know why my Final Cut credits don't look good on a DigiBeta when they look fine in FCP?

thx

Sophia

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.