Best MP4 Audio extractor?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by LeandrodaFL, Jan 23, 2014.

1. LeandrodaFL macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

I am used to extractin audio from FLV movies using iExtractMP3. It creates a loseless MP3 file.

How about extracting audio from MP4 movies? Any specific app?

2. Crusader007 macrumors member

3. kreach macrumors member

4. dylin macrumors 6502a

dylin

i just use Garageband to extract audio.

Just Open garageband, drag the clip into it, and then delete the video "track"

5. gj.george macrumors newbie

For convenience, you could even try the built-in video/audio encoder in Mavericks (introduced in Mountain Lion, I think). Right click on a video file in the Finder and select Encode Selected Video File. In the window that opens select Audio Only from the Settings drop down menu; that's pretty much it. Keep in mind, however, that the output is not lossless; it's up to 256kbps m4a. Then again mp3 files are not lossless either.

6. LeandrodaFL thread starter macrumors 6502a

LeandrodaFL

Im trying to go with losless and free. At the moment Im converting mp4 to mp3 using "Evom"

Oh, Im running Snow Leopard. My goal is of course play the song in itunes

7. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

if it plays with Quicktime, then; File>Export>Audio Only.

8. bawiret macrumors newbie

From Apple Discussion, I found the following paragraph:

After a little big digging, I found an article which introduces an easy way to extract audio from MP4.

This article also applies to:

1. Extract audio in MP3, AAC, AC3, WAV, WMA, Apple Lossless, M4A, DTS, AIFF, MP2, AU, RA, FLAC, OGG and etc from video files.

2. Extract audio from all kinds of video files like extract audio from MP4, extract audio from FLV, extract audio from AVI, extract audio from MOV, extract audio from MKV, extract audio from WMV, ASF, SWF, VOB, OGV, WTV, RMVB, WebM, MVI, MXF, AVCHD, MPEG, 3GP, and etc.

Hope it's what you are looking for.