Best MSN Client

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by daveishere, Dec 21, 2008.

1. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

Hi,

I am after a good and reliable MSN client for the iPhone. I have used IM+ lite and fring but i find them to be very delayed and generally a waste of time.

Are they any good msn clients out there? i dont mind paying if its that good.

cheers.

2. deadsouls macrumors regular

palringo and beejive are generally the top choices for multi-protocol clients (msn/yahoo/aim etc).

palringo is free. currently has a few more features than beejive like being able to share images (well...it will upload the pic and the recipient is sent a link to the picture) and if nudges are important to you on msn, you will get "you received a nudge" message with palringo. beejive currently does not. palringo keeps you online for about 4.5 hours after you've closed the app so you can still receive messages. the last time i tried palringo though it doesnt have email/push notification.

beejive's price keeps changing so i don't know how much it is right now but you can easily check yourself. i assume its around $10-15 right now. it keeps you online for up to 24 hours and has email/push notification. for example i use beejive and whenever i get a message while the app is closed, i receive an sms message telling me i have a message waiting for me. i did this by setting my email notification to myphonenumber@pcs.rogers.com. depends on your carrier i guess.

overall i prefer beejive but theres certainly nothing wrong with palringo.