Best Multi-Function Printer setup for both OSX and Parallels?!?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by eejits, Jan 19, 2014.

1. eejits, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014

eejits macrumors member

Hi guys,

Still getting to grips with my new iMac and one thing thats bugging me is the printer set up. I have a Canon MG6150 attached via USB to the iMac and I can usually print and scan with no problem in OSX. However, when I move over to Win7 via parallels, I can usually print but not scan.

What's the best option for installing a multi-function printer/scanner to work seemlessly with both OS's? How do I get this to work all the time? Or do I forget the USB connection and try connecting through my router?

Any advice for this newbie will be gratefully received!!

Cheers,

George

2. eejits thread starter macrumors member

Changed the connection form USB to my Router. I can print and scan under OSX but can only print from Win7 under parallels. It says that the scanner isn't connected?

How can I fix this?

George

3. Bear macrumors G3

Is it printing through OS X (which I believe Parallels sets up by default) or did you actually go through windows configuration of the printer? You would need to do a Windows setup of the printer (attached to the router) for the scanner part to work.