Best Music Apps / Best Games

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by RevolvingSheep, Mar 12, 2012.

1. RevolvingSheep macrumors regular

I'm getting my first iPad (3rd gen) this coming Friday. I'm wanting to pre-purchase some apps on my Macbook Pro so that I can sync them to my iPad without using it's 4G data to download apps.

I want to know what the best music related apps are. I already bought Garage Band and TC-11. What else should I look at? I'm looking at creating professional sounding electronic music by using the iPad as an instrument as well as a recording and mixing device.

I also want to buy a few iPad games. If you think of a game that is also on the iPhone but that is better on the iPad, list that as well... but I'm really looking for iPad specific games.

Suggestions? Thanks!

2. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

For Electronic music you might want to check out Korg iElectribe. I bought it because it looked pretty cool but I really don't know how to use it. From what I've read thought it's pretty powerful if you know what you're doing.

For games I would recommend Infinity Blade, Dungeon Hunter 2, Real Racing 2, Angry Birds, Cut the Rope

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

appadvice.com
    appshopper.com

games
    Infinity Blade II
    Batman Lockdown

Both UE3, brilliant, and iCloud sync so your saves are synced between devices. Both are way easier to play on iPad.

4. RevolvingSheep thread starter macrumors regular

I don't know about Infinity Blade 2... I didn't like the first one.

5. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

infinity blade 1 was probably one of the worst games ever.. the gameplay was insanely bad.. the only thing that made people love it so much was the graphics.

seems like people only want graphics these days.. and doesn't give a f about gameplay.

6. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Animoog is great! It's designed by Moog himself and sounds fantastic. If you were around in the 70s or a fan of the 70s music that used a moog you will certainly love this app. If younger, I do not think you will be disappointed. It's truly amazing. If you are musically talented you can use it productively, and even if not just about ANYTHING you do with it sounds musical.

I do not know what it costs, I got it for a buck when it was released at a promo price.

Here's a promo video relased by Moog, and there are other links there to vids that use Animoog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72bKngp3SXI

As for games, my new fave (on either iPad or iPhone) is 10 PinShuffle. It has great graphics and gameplay. It's a shuffleboard/shuffle bowling game and has bluetooth/wireless pairing so you can compete with someone else who has the game on their own device (have to be on the same network or in bluetooth range)

Mike

7. RevolvingSheep thread starter macrumors regular

8. Loves Games macrumors newbie

My favorite game would have to be Angry Birds. Something so fulfilling about slaughtering those damn pigs, lol
    I already knew about Angry Birds from friend irl, but I was searching around for a review on it since even though it was only $0.99, I didn't really know if I wanted it, if you know what I mean?

Anyway, eventually found this site that had a promotion with a walkthrough as well. I bought it immediately after I read the review and I got the walkthrough as well, because I was told it can be frustrating, so I just decided the walkthrough would be awesome to have in those times haha.

EDIT: Found the website for those wanting the walkthrough or to see the review or what not - http://appsverdict.com/?p=10

9. vandal138 macrumors newbie

A walkthrough for angry birds? Wouldn't that take all the fun and challenge out of a game where all you do is throw birds?

10. RevolvingSheep thread starter macrumors regular

Just ordered it! Thanks.

11. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Great. What's it cost now?

Mike

12. RevolvingSheep thread starter macrumors regular

$30 :(

I researched it though and I think it's worth it.

13. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

Wow! 30 dollars!

I just checked my iTunes reciepts. I did get the iPad version for 99 cents back in October when it was released. I consider myself very lucky.

It's a fun app to show off to friends and co-workers.

I paid 10$ for the iPhone version about 6 weeks ago.

Enjoy it!

Mike

14. RevolvingSheep thread starter macrumors regular

Well I also paid $30 for BeatMaker 2 which is probably the best DAW type software for the iPad and I'm also thinking about getting the iMS-20 which is just over $30. I have already spent over $100 on music apps for the iPad, some of which also run on the iPhone like TechnoBox2 that I have been messing with.