Best Music Streaming app

macrumors 68040
Dec 16, 2011
Spotify for almost everything. The only other time I use a different app is Pandora and that's for comedy radio stations (Spotify and iTunes Radio both throw in music into their comedy stations and I just want stand-up, not funny music).

I will sometimes use iTunes Radio while driving but 99% of the time I'm using Spotify.

poorcody

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2013
Amazon Prime

I happen to use Amazon Price Music only because I already had Amazon Prime. But I have to admit, I like it!

Not sure about the bandwidth use... I actually download songs that I listen to frequently.

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
Pandora mostly. Haven't really looked at others as it does what I want from it, which is random music from a genre/style for background and I don't particularly care about looking for a specific album or artist.

Can't speak to bandwidth as I typically stream only at home or in the office, both of which have wifi.

freeskier93

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2008
I was using Amazon since I already had Prime, but the lack of selection made me try Beats since I got the 3 month trial with AT&T. I really like Beats, the app is really nice and of course has every artist you can imagine. Don't know about data usage, I download everything.

Rayy42

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2014
I am using Beats music right now because of the AT&T promotion. I decided to switch my primary music source because of my issues with iOS 8 and iTunes 11.4 but that's a different story for a different day lol.

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
Spotify if you like choosing which music you want to listen to and Pandora if you want to discover new music. I mostly use Spotify, but I don't really like Spotify's radio.

capuzino

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2013
Finland
so I used Spotify listen to 2 songs about 7 mins total and my Spotify celluar data was 17MB seems high for 2 songs
Sounds strange. You might have either High or Extreme quality on.
Try to check the settings and change it to normal if it ain't already.
The quality difference is minimal anyway.

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
Google Play Music app.

My entire iTunes library is automagically uploaded to Google whenever there are additions or deletions and streamed to my phone.

No idea how much data it takes in an hour. I'm on an unlimited Sprint plan so I've never bothered to think about it.

BigMar89

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2013
Seattle, WA
Spotify all the way. Built in equalizer along with great audio quality and now that T Mobile offers unlimited data for all music streaming subscriptions I ain't got no worries :cool:

AbeFrohman

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
Why limit to just one?

My go to is probably Pandora, but there are times where I feel it lacks variety.

That's where Jango, Songza, Slacker and Spotify come in for me.

penfan82

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
Rdio like that unlike spotify you don't have to make playlists for everything just like their format better