Best Netflix App

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Eric Isaacson, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

Has anyone found a good app to manage your Netflix acct? I have been using I.Tv but it isn't very easy to search at random for new movies. I like to just browse and add movies especially to my instant qeue. Any help would be appreciated.

2. DavieBoy macrumors 6502

DavieBoy

Yea I use PhoneFlix. It is very well built and free. I like it enough not to pay for another app. it searches for movies fine. Also, I use the Netflix Instant Queue app. Not sure exactly what it is called, it says Instant Q+++ on my home screen. I like to add movies to my instant viewing list with that then use the tivo remote app to play it with my tivoHD.

3. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I use iPhlix, but I originally got it before it cost anything. Good app.

4. CADer macrumors 6502

CADer

I have used a few of them and all I wanted was instant queue so I stuck with Instant Q+++. I have heard that NOW PLAYING will be getting Netflix which will be what I use since I hate having apps that only do one thing. I didn't Like i.TV and tried PhoneFlix but didn't care too much for it .

5. Eric Isaacson thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the suggestions. I have the Instant Q++ but found it to be difficult to browse as well. I actually deleted it from my phone but it looks like it has had some updates so I'll try it again. I'm also going to give PhoneFlix a try.

I appreciate your help

Eric

6. The General macrumors 601

Another one for iPhlix. ;) I looooove iPhlix. I just wish it were still called iFlix. :eek:

7. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

iPhlix is by far the best out there. it's $2.99, but well worth it.
    And yes, I too wish it was still called iFlix...

8. Resist macrumors 68030

iPhlix looks very interesting. Wish they would give away some free codes for it, $2.99 is to much.

9. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

2.99 is too much?

You're paying how much per month for Netflix?

iPhlix works great.

If you want free, use mobilesafari :)

10. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

iPhlix is ok. Pocket Flix is leagues better imo.

11. outz macrumors 6502

I use PocketFlix... it's pretty good @ $1.99 it lets you manage your queue, browse most popular dvd's, and top 25 in all of the other categories. you can also search for whatever you're looking for. oh, it lets you rate movies too.

12. Resist macrumors 68030

So I should be paying more for other things? It is bad enough iTunes charges .99 for each song, which is outradious, now I should pay $2.99 for apps. Maybe your income is endless but I have to work for a living.

13. The General macrumors 601

You're complaining about $3? I used to be like you ... then I realized that $2.99 for an app like Tweetie, which I will use ALL DAY LONG, EVERY DAY, ALL WEEK LONG, for MONTHS is a LOT better deal than $3 for tacos at Taco Bell that will be gone in minutes.

Pack a lunch, buy an app, quit complaining. $3 is nothing.

I never thought I'd hear or read someone saying "I have to work for a living" when speaking of something that costs only $3.

14. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

What do you work in a child labor camp for 4 cents a day? It's $2.99.

And you think .99 is outrageous for a song? Here's a little break down for you of most contracts...

Apple charges .99 a song
    Apple keeps .29 a song
    Record label get .70 a song
    Recording artist gets 9.1 cents
    Label keeps 60.9 cents
    Artist gets screwed

If a band negotiated digital rights (Like my band did) we get 50% of digital profit, so we get .35 per song. If it were up the artists, the individual songs would be more then .99 each.

Just as you say, we artists also need to work for a living. It would be the same thing if at your job, your company only paid you 10 cents for every dollar earned, and then someone complained about it in an open forum, saying you were being paid too much. See the point?

15. sjjordan macrumors 6502

"Now Playing" now allows you to manage your netflix cue. Plus, it lets you look up showtimes. It's nice to have an app that does multiple things.

16. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

Not only that, it's free! Since I bought iPhlix, and it's slightly easier to use, I'm going to still use it to manage my Netflix queue. But if I didn't have it, Now Playing would fill all my needs!

17. Metasyntactic macrumors regular

PocketFlix + Now Playing

Thanks for the interest in my apps guys.

Just a heads up: you can get my Netflix support by using NowPlaying. However, you can also help donate by purchasing a copy of PocketFlix. (of course, good reviews for both also help go a long way). I use the proceeds from PocketFlix to help fund new licensing agreements for my apps so i can bring you better integration of information like 'RottenTomatoes' as well as expand my apps into new countries and markets.

Let me know if there's anything else you want to see!

18. mongoos150 macrumors 6502a

mongoos150

I haven't found one that I love.

I just bought iPhlix, and it has two serious issues. First of all, it takes forever to load once the app opens - both logging into your queue and loading a queue (of only about 200 movies) takes at least 45 seconds, usually closer to 60, on a wifi connection. I shudder to think of its performance on 3G!

Secondly, when I want to add a film to my queue, adding to the top of the list is fine. When I tap the option "Add To End" [of my queue], I get the message "invalid position parameter." WTF!

19. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I really like Now Playing. Great apps for looking up showtimes and managing my Netflix queue. I also like the feature of adding a movie in the theater straight to my Netflix queue.

20. ifixufly macrumors newbie

Dude I work for an airline and that's exactly how they pay us. Since when did the artists make their money of songs and not merch?