Best News App?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Ocean1286, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Ocean1286 macrumors newbie

Forgive me if this has already been asked but what's your guys favorite news app? I read USA Today online but have found the watch app is pretty clunky.

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

The only news type app that I personally like on the watch, at the moment, is theScore. (sports). Its not so much news reading as just getting infrequent notifications about specific teams I follow. All college football so the news is slow compared to regular season.

I don't see myself at the moment reading much news on the watch but you never know about the future. I have a 6+ but still read most of my news on my iPad. Exception is when we are away from the house and I am sitting/waiting and didn't bring it with me and then I use the phone.

Sorry I didn't provide you with a recommended app but so far have not found one I would recommend.

3. docal97 macrumors 6502a

docal97

agree with your comments. I've tried the CNN app only briefly but havent formed an opinion. Perhaps someone else has more experience with the CNN app?

Also, I like the Score app but the load time seems to be slower for me than with the MLB app for baseball scores. ESPN can also lag.

4. lewisd25 macrumors 6502a

I'm not impressed with most of the news apps on Apple Watch. I would like to see an app that only notifies you and displays major national/international news. I don't want opinion pieces, tons of photos, culture/entertainment fluff, etc.

5. Bigdog9586 macrumors regular

The CNN app for the pad and phone suck since they updated it. I've deleted it as all they have did is do away with more and more stories and added more video so the can force us to sit through the meaningless ad's. There are more ad's on the CNN site than on TV and we all know how bad they are.