Best news (or anything) streaming service???

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by The X Factor, Apr 18, 2011.

1. The X Factor macrumors member

Here's the deal.

I run on a treadmill every morning (about an hour or so)

I have a wifi iPad 2

I have a jail-broken iPhone with MyWi (so unlimited streaming to my iPad 2 is O.K.)

I'd like to run on the treadmill and watch CNBC or ESPN, or something other than watching the clock countdown on my treadmill...

Suggestions?

2. Bcarraher macrumors member

Bcarraher

Justin.tv IPad app

I watch CNN and MSNBC at my gym. Fan blows my sweat onto the IPad screen....nothing's perfect

3. The X Factor thread starter macrumors member

Great! Looks promising. And for $9.99 per month, no ads. I may have to consider that.

4. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Be careful with JustinTV as I use it too and like it but the amount of crap feeds can get EXTREMELY annoying

5. The X Factor thread starter macrumors member

Could you elaborate? If I stick to CNBC and ESPN HD do you think I'll have a problem? I see that there are numerous "free-lance"-type streams, but if I stick to the main channels, am I good??? OR am I missing some huge "gotcha"?

Thanks.

6. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

When I load the app, I get many feeds pretending to be regular channels or shows and it turns out to be some site wanting me to go there. One especially is a CNBC feed and when clicked on it, it brings me to some picture with a site address on it telling me to go there for a feed of CNBC. Same with ESPN, etc...

Wish I could get rid of all of them. After a few tries, I finally find a real one

7. Bcarraher macrumors member

Bcarraher

You can subscribe to "favorite" feeds. Then you won't even notice any of the other content. I dont pay any monthly fee, only the one-time purchase on the App Store.