Best noise cancelling headphones?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kinkster, Feb 20, 2009.

1. kinkster macrumors 6502a

Currently I have the Bose On Ear headphones. They're like the QC3's but without the noise cancellation.

I like them but I use them mostly in the car and it would be nice to dull the noise.

I was thinking of getting the QC3s but they're pretty expensive.

Can anyone recommend me some in the $150-200 range? I don't really want around-ear ones, on-ear would be better. No ear buds.

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I hope you're planning to drive with them!

Anyways, may I suggest noise-isolation headphones? Basically the in-ear earphones; cheaper than active cancellation.

3. kinkster thread starter macrumors 6502a

Eh Iv never liked ear buds or anything in ear very much.

4. longball11 macrumors 6502a

longball11

5. WG5516 macrumors regular

Plz don't drive with noise canceling headphones on, that's definitely not safe. But I have had 2 pair of Shure E210s noise isolating headphones. I used them on the Metro train ride to and from work and they blocked out the noise completely.

The sound quality was great, but if u wrap the cord around the top of your ear like they suggest, you may experience tearing in the outer core of the casing. Once that happens, you risk shocking your ears and that's not cool, trust me.

I have the Bose on ear headphones now and honestly, I hate them compared to the Shures headphones I had.