Best non-aluminum Bumper style case for 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sick z33, Oct 31, 2011.

1. sick z33, Oct 31, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2011

sick z33 macrumors 6502

Need some recommendations. I have an Apple bumper, but my black one has slowly fallen apart, and my white one is stained from jeans after a couple of days.

Looking for something high quality. I bought an e13ctron case but it will not work for me being that my work has really weak signal. I went from 2-3 bar strength to no signal at all with the case.

Price isnt an issue.

2. stfwayne macrumors regular

in your same shoes

cant get an aluminum bumper but want something high quality

i like my scosche bumper its cheap and protects the phone well

3. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

4. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

I planned on doing the same thing, haha. Ordered the back from CNN.cn. Saw that one image here of the same setup and it looked great.

5. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Awesome...lol. Hey, do you mind posting up when you get everything in and put on the phone? I was going to go ahead and order the back from CNN.cn, but the stories about some of them not fitting the 4S have me concerned and I figured I'd let others try it first (I didn't want to be the guinea pig). :D I just want to make sure those backs they have listed for the 4S do indeed fit. :D

6. sick z33 thread starter macrumors 6502

I decided to order the Hybrid back plate from e13ctron to see if this helps. If its the same issue, I will just use the Apple Bumper til SGP releases the version II of the Neo Hybrid EX for the 4s.

7. Baggy Spandex macrumors 6502

Baggy Spandex

Will do. A poster on here reference iFixit as the place that said the backplate is ever so slightly different, but a member of their commenting mentioned that his fit no problem, just like the OEM rear plate. He said he just has to shift it downwards a tad.

8. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

I had the Neo Hybrid EX II for the 4 and it was junk

Thought I would like it, but wasn't too thrilled with the cheap silicon then plastic wrap. Def a pain to put on too.

Returned it after a few days. I did however keep the front and back screen shields included :D

Also, SGP has NO plans of selling extra plastic pieces like they did for the original ($9.99 each) DUMB