Best non-iPhone AT&T phones?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by c073186, Jul 27, 2008.

1. c073186 macrumors 6502a

I'm going to getting an iPhone soon and signing up on an AT&T family plan; but my two other family members will not be getting an iPhone. So... I am wondering, what are the best non-iPhone phones for AT&T? Best non-iPhone smartphone and also just regular I would like to know. I assume that the best non-iPhone smartphone would be the Blackberry but I am not sure. And then what is a good 'normal' phone?

Thanks.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Definitely the Blackberry Curve, although it doesnt support 3G.

3. c073186 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What about just normal camera phones? Is the Samsung A737 good?

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

No idea, I have the Curve, so I'm kinda biased. But easy access to non-phone functions, like calendar, messages and other apps, is important to me, and nothing I've used beats a Blackberry there.

5. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

My sisters friend has the shine and I must say it is one sexy phone. It's not a smart phone tho but you can still get your email and such. Oh, it's also 3G.

Full Specs

6. comictimes macrumors 6502a

comictimes

I have the Sony Ericsson w580i, and I absolutely love it. Great for music, I now only use my old iPod nano for when I'm working out. Internet is standard cell phone internet, so pretty crappy but I for one never use it for that. But great sound, reception, and form factor. It also has fm radio built in, which is nice.

more info here

7. ph03n1x macrumors member

Then get the AT&T Tilt. Multimedia beast. And the tilting screen is a really nice touch. Just try it out in store.

8. Watabou macrumors 68040

Watabou

If I couldn't buy my iPhone, I would have probably went with the Blackberry Bold. :p

Or the blackberry curve if I didnt get the Bold. :p

9. bbbensen macrumors 6502

One of my friends has a Shine!

Its not the same as the commercials.... I actually thought that it would look just like a mirror when it was off. But it lied.:mad:

10. blackstone macrumors regular

Haven't tried the most recent generation of Samsungs, but all the ones I've seen have terrible voice quality. If one of your family members just wants a basic phone that works well, the Nokia 6085 has excellent voice quality and amazing battery life. The screen and the camera are kind of crappy, but that's not so important if it's only being used for phone calls and texting.

11. kygeographer macrumors member

I agree! I just got mine yesterday and I LOVE it!