Best Non-slip, non-scratch Shell cases with magnets

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jbrady3324, Mar 13, 2012.

1. jbrady3324, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

jbrady3324 macrumors regular

What is the best shell case that is non-slip, non-scratch and has functionality (magnets) to keep an Apple smartcover open?

I am currently looking at Incipio feather, Marware, Casemate and Belkin. Speck seems to meet these requirements but there case is not announced yet.

All in one solutions also welcome

2. str8bucs macrumors regular

I was looking at the Incipio smart feather.... it seems to be a good choice.

3. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

Just not sure if the feather keeps the smart cover open or not. It is not advertised as a feature on the site

4. str8bucs macrumors regular

That's true, do you know how many cases do that?

5. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

So far it looks like the only options that will lock the Smart Cover to the back are the Zum and Incipio Smart Feather. I have the Zum for my iPad 2 and was really hoping someone would have this locking-style case out for early shipping. I'd get the feather but I really don't like how a whole edge of the iPad is exposed. Waiting until the end of March for a Zum. The Zum for iPad 2 didn't have a magnet on the back but I found a link on YouTube to a guy who bought magnetic tape from 3M that worked, he was selling it for a couple of bucks a strip.

6. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

So the Zum does not do this out of the box then? Where did you see that the incipio has this feature?

7. jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

Just talked to incipio support and the smart feather does not have a feature (like speck and belkin) to keep the smart cover open (flush against the case)

8. jigo macrumors newbie

9. jbrady3324, Mar 13, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2012

jbrady3324 thread starter macrumors regular

10. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

I'm sorry, I wan't very clear there. Neither Zum nor Incase Feather have a magnetic holder on the back. I was stating that so far those are the only two I have found that lock the smart cover edge to the back shell so it essentially becomes an ultra slim folio-style case. All other models the Smart Cover can come off by slightly tugging on it. Some people like that but I prefer the Zum style of having the back and Smart Cover joined together - also with full edge coverage which the Feather doesn't offer.

11. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

This is one of the more popular cases out there since it was sold at Best Buy and didn't have to be purchased online or at Apple store.

There's a lot of reviews on it:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/incase-mag-snap-case-for-ipad-2/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DTn-52sip0

http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/298...se-for-apple-ipad-2-black-reviews/reviews.htm

http://www.icasereview.com/incase-mag-snap-review/

I've got one and have had many of the others listed in this thread as well. I love the Incase Mag Snap, although I wish it had the retention strip to hold on the Smart Cover. It was one of the first released and therefore didn't have that feature. But it holds the Smart Cover perfectly flat as well as provides a novel use for Smart Cover in holding it up at perfect writing angle as well.

[​IMG]

12. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

Does anyone know if Speck will be releasing an updated SmartShell for the new iPad?