Best note apps for ipod touch

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by hugoleveille, Nov 9, 2009.

1. hugoleveille macrumors member

My girlfrien need n app for taking notes on her iPod touch. The basic note app for ipod is...well, basic. :)

The only criteria needed are:

- notes need to be stored on the device
    - notes needs to be able to synch to something in case of device malfunction

Any suggestion ??

2. odelay macrumors 6502

3. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

[app]SimpleNote[/app] is basic, it has search though, and it's inexpensive. If you don't need any other features such as global locks, tags, folders, pic support, live phone number/email address/urls, or nice appearances, it'll certainly do the job.

Other slightly more expensive options are:
    [app]Awesome Note[/app] - folders, passwords for folders, checklists, and to-do lists, all done beautifully.

[app]Momo[/app] - tags, calendar to find notes, pic support, smartlist, pic support, and global lock.

[app]Rainbow Note[/app] - never tried it, but it does have pics within anote support.

4. odelay macrumors 6502

Something else you might want to check out is ShoveBox. You can get the desktop version for free at the moment from http://www.macheist.com - I think there's 3 days left for this offer. The desktop app syncs over wifi with ShoveBox Mobile, which is on sale @ £1.19 right now.

This is a nice solution, and well worth trying out while you can get the desktop app for free (it usually costs $24.95). You can use it to store notes, bookmarks, PDFs, web-archives, photos. I've not really used it in anger yet, but it seems pretty good.

5. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
  6. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

Evernote is good, except that you must sync new notes before being able to view them, and then you've got to mark every note you want on your device as a favorite. I'd rather just pay a little to have immediate access to notes, and save myself a bit of time by not having to mark every note I want on my device as a favorite.

7. Stratification macrumors regular

I used Evernote for a while, it just seemed kind of unwieldy though. I ended up going with Awesome Note, love the look, and backing up to Google Docs is super simple (as well as a straight export of a note).