Best Note Solution for Mac with iPad

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by palebluedot, Jan 26, 2012.

1. palebluedot macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

I couldn't find a specific thread on this subject so I figured I'd poll the collective conscious of MR.

Does anyone know of a good solution for taking notes (class) on your Mac and having it sync (presumably via Dropbox or w/e) that can be pulled up on iPad.

I type my notes on my Mac in class and I'd love to be able to read them on my iPad (and edit if needed). I have Notability on iPad that syncs with Dropbox which is a decent app, and it can export RTF files.

So basically I'm asking... Is there something better than Word (which I have)? Pages? Something else?

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

2. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

Evernote. Sync automatically with iPad & iPhone.

3. jojoba macrumors 68000

I'm starting to use Circus Ponies notebook for longer pieces of text. For shorter notes, I use Evernote.

4. andothfc macrumors regular

Best solution is NVAlt for the Mac and then Notesy for the iPad.

5. Hawkeye16 macrumors regular

A lot of applications on the mac can save as a PDF file so if you find something on the mac that you really like, see if it can export the notes as a PDF and then you can just use Books on the iPad, that is what I do since there are not any good LaTex enabled note programs on the iPad that I have found.

6. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

7. palebluedot thread starter macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

Thanks for the responses! I'm in kind of a weird situation as I don't really need the cloud functionality 24/7 that Evernote provides. I was just wondering if anyone else had an elegant solution for using Notability (or some similar app on the iPad) with Dropbox and RTF documents for Word or Pages.

I'm in an environment that is laptop heavy so there is rarely a case I wouldn't be in Word or Pages... It would just be nice to pull up the notes on the go and be able to highlight/mess with them if I so desired and have it all synced.

I guess I'm just trying to justify buying Pages... but I know it's not as powerful or streamlined as Word. :D Sorry for the ramble!