Best note taking app?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iRyu, Aug 4, 2012.

1. iRyu macrumors regular

There are thousand of note taking app in app store. I wonder which one is the best as my college start tomorrow, so I will be taking notes a lot digitally.

I want a note taking app that have iCloud or anything similar that sync all across my iOS device and my RMBP. Anyone suggestion guys?

2. robgendreau macrumors 68030

If you have a GTR you can HIRE someone to take notes for you...and why are you even bothering with college :D ?? Just kidding. But I am jealous.

It is a bit overwhelming. But Microsoft Word actually has a decent notetaking mode built in. And it can record audio as well, and that is a super-great feature to have in ANY notetaking application. Look for ones that will sync what you write with the audio. That way instead of writing down some prof's 10 minute description of the Treaty of Utrecht you can just write "Treaty of Utrecht" and then when you click on it later, boom: there's the audio for you to listen to.

Not all of these applications use iCloud, but using Dropbox or similar services is actually more versatile. Besides, iCloud might end up disappearing just like MobileMe.

And Evernote is great. And if you do audio in Evernote, there are add-ons that will transcribe it.

I'd secon Circus Ponies Notebook as well. It has the added value of being a great research tool for putting together papers, so it's much more than just a take-notes-in-class application. I use it for legal briefs.

3. \-V-/ Suspended

\-V-/

+1

Been using this for years... both in the classroom and using it for my own personal studies (language study, music, etc).

You can even record lectures while taking notes. It could use a bit of updating, but it works fine in ML right now.

4. GoGamecocks macrumors member

I love Evernote. Great app to use to take notes, as you can email your notes to your Evernote account and they will put them with the rest of your notes - used when you are on somebody else's computer like the library.

5. Carl Sagan macrumors 6502a

Carl Sagan

Depends on your needs. If you want straight forward and simple the Notes app is fantastic but if you need more functionality then Evernote is the best in that space.