Best note taking apps that allows PDF import?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by seong, Jun 29, 2012.

1. seong macrumors 65816

seong

Hi,
    I've been wondering for quite some time if there was any app that can allow you to take notes, as well as be able to import PDFs, Word Docs, etc, and have them organized in files.
    The currently us PDF Expert and Notability separately, but I wished there was an app that can do both.

I tried searching for threads like this, but none of it turned out to be what I was looking for.

Any recommendations?

thanks in advance :D

2. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

I use good reader, annotates PDF and reads word, PowerPoint, etc and has its own notepad

3. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

I favor Notability. I use Goodreader for reading docs, but for actual note taking, Notability.

You can't work with PDFs in Notability?

4. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

I'll give it a try and see if I like it or not :D

----------

I'm going to give it a try with drop box and see how it goes...

----------

It can import PDFs fine, just the way I like, but not being able to add sticky notes like PDF expert is a big bummer for me.....

5. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

Oh well.....
    looks like I'm going to be working with PDF Export and Notability for the time being.

Hopefully Apple will allow drawings and hand writing feature in Pages app.

6. ElDogman macrumors 6502

ElDogman

like I said.. Goodreader has those features..you can add notes to a pdf, draw on it, etc. As a separate note taking program, it has a basic one that saves as a txt file that you can export it via email. but its not as great as a dedicated note taking app as mentioned earlier.. but its functional.

7. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

Yeah, I draw all over PDF lecture slides with Goodreader. Absolutely essential iPad app in my opinion. Love the Dropbox syncing too.

8. seong thread starter macrumors 65816

seong

haha, I tried it out today morning (depending on where you live, it will be different, but let's just say it was 13 hours ago) and it works absolutely fine!
    Thank you! But.... I still wish the functions were as good as PDF Expert and Notability, but it's good that there is an app that can bring the best of both world into one place :D

9. rockgalmusic macrumors newbie

apps for pdfs and editing

writepdf is good too!