best notebook for webdesign/digital audio...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bwv1013, Aug 25, 2007.

1. bwv1013 macrumors newbie

Greetings all. I purchased a 20" iMac in January, love it. Now I am in the market for a notebook. I've pretty much settled on getting a MBP but I can't decide what size to get. I'll be using it for digital audio (Logic) and web design (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc). I would welcome any input, particularly from those of you who use it for web/audio stuff. Thanks!

2. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

I use a 15" MBP for exactly that plus some After Effects and 3D work. Sometimes I plug into into my ACD, but the 15" MBP handles at all very well.

3. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

yup I use the 15" MBP also. big enough for portable use and if i want more desktop space I just plug in an external monitor.

4. bwv1013 thread starter macrumors newbie

i figured the 15" would be plenty, but the shorter shipping time and bigger screen on the 17" are sweet temptations. then again 800 bucks is a lot of change.

thanks for the input, we'll see what happens when i pull the trigger...

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

For digital audio you want all the screen size you can possibly get.
    It comes down to portability. Can you carry the 17" easily enough, when you want to transport it?

Conversely, When you do digital audio, will you have the opportunity to plug an external monitor into a 15"?