Best NY store for camp/getwhatuwant

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Gzalito, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Gzalito, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016

Gzalito macrumors regular

folks, since ive lost the opportunity on getting my 7+ black or jet black 128 on pre order, im thinking on getting 2-3 am the day before, for my first time. I will be in NYC Just for this, so no problem on getting to the perfect store, which one do you think it´s the best in terms of people in line vs stock quantity?

I think 5th ave always has plenty of stock but the lines are enormous also...
    thx

2. Gzalito thread starter macrumors regular

3. nycxaxez macrumors member

The 5th Avenue location is their flagship store and is the one that the press/media flocks to in order to cover the launch, so they likely have the best stock of any store in NYC. You're right, though, in that there's usually a longer line to deal with there also. Given the scarcity/popularity of Jet Black and Black 7 Plus phones, you still wouldn't be guaranteed to get one. Still, if there's any Apple Store in the country that would have more than the others, it would probably be the 5th Avenue store. The line will be crazy, so the earlier you can arrive, the better chance you would give yourself.

4. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

If you aren't there now you are probably too late. :)

5. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

6. Gzalito thread starter macrumors regular

Lol.. i will get there on thursday
    --- Post Merged, Sep 10, 2016 ---
    thanks! why is that?

7. rambo47 macrumors 6502a

rambo47

SoHo is not a gigantic flagship store like 5th Ave. and won't have the media attention. But it's big enough and probably won't have the same insane lines like 5th Ave.

Something to consider - the demand for the iPhone 7 looks less frenetic than with past models. You might be able to walk up on launch day at some stores and get a phone or two. When the 6s came out I was walking past a mall store in NJ and noticed the line was only about 15 people long. I waited about half an hour and got my 6s Plus, and on a whim really. I was not planning to upgrade from my 6 but I couldn't resist when I saw how short the line was.

8. Gzalito thread starter macrumors regular

wow... actually I thought it would be more like the 6 launch... also I don´t remember an iPhone that was run out for pick up like it was with the 7+ this time... I´ll see on Wednesday then.. ;)