Best odds of getting 4S on lunch break

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dvrmstrng, Oct 14, 2011.

1. dvrmstrng macrumors 6502

AT&T Store, Apple Store, or Best Buy?

I told myself the only way I would upgrade is if I could walk in and get one on my lunch break today. I was not about to camp out all night, or be late/call out of work for a cell phone. My lunch break is an hour and I will have 1 store to pick. What should I go for?

2. WishIWasHere macrumors regular

You might want to consider Target also, if you have one close by.

3. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

This site, somewhere this morning, can't find it now, said that Apple stores get more then other stores.

4. TheAppleGeek macrumors 6502a

I was in a similar state this morning.

One of my local AT&T stores had plenty of phones to give out "all weekend", apparently. I got to the store at 7AM and sure enough when I left at 8:25AM, they were still handing out phones to anyone in line.

I'd say AT&T, depending on your cities' size.

5. notjustgc macrumors 6502

notjustgc

Yeah, AT&T seems to have a ton of them, and for whatever reason people refuse to go anywhere but the Apple Store.

6. dvrmstrng thread starter macrumors 6502

Cool I will call the one down the road...if they are out i might try BB if not ill wait till December when im due for an upgrade.

7. dvrmstrng thread starter macrumors 6502

hahahah went to the AT&T store during lunch...few people there...the guy says we have tons left in stock all colors and sizes, no issues on availability.

I tell him i want the 32GB in white, he goes to the back comes back and proceeds to tell me...

"We can't sell you one since you are not due for an upgrade. You will have to wait a week" blah blah some statement saying they cant sell it to you etc etc.

WTF is this?

8. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

He probably meant the full upgrade. That's BS, he probably wants to just lock in new customers. Go to the store and buy it.