Best office location for my new Mac Pro???

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by nickelpar, Feb 22, 2008.

1. nickelpar macrumors newbie

Just got my new mac pro and I'm rearranging my desk/office to accomodate this monster tower. I think I know the optimal answer to this question, but, where is the best place to position this tower - so that I can maximize desk space and not attract too many dust bunnies.

My office is carpeted and the last time I opened up my old PC tower loacated on the floor, it looked like a lanscape from Mars, with dust everywhere. I'd like to put the Mac Pro on the floor and I could raise it 5 or 6 inches, if needed, to hopefully avoid some dust. I'm just leary as this unit has so much venting and I'm guessing considerable cross ventilation.

Also, if I did put the system on the floor, what is the method of internal cleaning - an anti-static vacuum?

Any advice would be appreciated from a pc-switcher.

2. tivoli2 macrumors regular

tivoli2

Well, I'm not a PC-switcher, but i know some! At any rate, it's impossible to know where the BEST place to put your Mac, but I've had this solution for years and it has worked really well for me - but I had to build it myself. No matter where you put your machine, it's going to get dusty. If you live where it's warm and you have windows open a lot, it'll probably get even dustier.

As for vacuuming, I think the Mac Pro's are much harder to vacuum out (with piece of mind and convenience) than my old G4 where most everything hinged out with the side panel - I just went in with my vac's brush attachment and cleaned her up. With the MP, I feel like I'd want to use something a little more precise, as there's a lot for me to bump into doing it my old way.

[​IMG]

3. nickelpar thread starter macrumors newbie

4. G4DP macrumors 65816

Give it to me, and i'll send you some photo's of it when i've set it up.