Best online service to unlock AT&T iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by benguild, Sep 17, 2012.

1. benguild macrumors 6502a

Just wondering if you guys have had any experience.
    Normally I buy unlocked handsets, but this time around I decided to preorder a locked handset in hopes of getting it unlocked in due time.

I've heard about CutYourSim and other services offering unlocks, but they all seem pretty sketchy. Please let's not have this turn into a SPAM thread.

Post up if you've actually used and had success with one of these services. Thanks!

2. shawnwich macrumors 6502

shawnwich

If i want to give my 4S to a member of my family who doesn't have a data plan (and just wants to use wifi)... do i have to unlock it first?

3. luked14 macrumors 6502

4. monkeydodo3 macrumors member

If your relative doesn't have a data plan, but still wants to use it on AT&T as a phone, he or she will get charged since AT&T requires all iPhone users to have a data plan. However, if your relative wants to use it as a phone without data on T-mobile, he or she will have to unlock it. If your relative wants to use it just as an iTouch, then no unlock is necessary.

5. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

6. shawnwich macrumors 6502

shawnwich

No, ive definitely done this before without them getting a data plan!

7. monkeydodo3 macrumors member

I'm not sure what you mean by done this, but if you mean using an iPhone with an AT&T line without a data plan, it'll only be a matter of time before they detect that you're using it without a data plan and force one on you.

8. bmwman3241 macrumors regular

Cheapest option would be $7.98 for unlock_fusion on eBay. I paid $9 last week and had it done within 24 hours and working perfectly.

eBay UnlockFusion

9. brandondstaffor macrumors newbie

In just a few minutes, whether you are computer savvy or not, you will be able to unlock any iPhone with ease from this site. Check it out

http://www.iphone-unlockme.com

10. monkeydodo3 macrumors member

I used this seller. Ordered on Saturday and unlocked today. My iPhone 4 is unlocked even though the IMEI checker websites still say that my phone is locked, but some people have recently gotten relocked despite getting being unlocked by him. Just a warning.

11. kevroc macrumors 6502

I used this one yesterday. Tried the AT&T route but never got a response to the form I submitted. I figured for $8 it's pretty cheap. Took about 3 hours before I got the "Process Completed". You just send them the IMEI from your phone and wait a little while.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350603568880?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

12. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

^^^This

I just got mine unlocked using Unlock_Fusion on eBay and it works perfectly and its permanent. Its not some hacked up unlocked method either. All you do when you win the auction is go to a link they send you and enter your IEMI# and within a few hours or days, you'll get an email telling you to restore your iPhone. When you do, iTunes will tell you its unlocked.

13. nostresshere macrumors 68030

Why would they. If not used on a cell network, then no problem.

Of course, with the new data plans, they could have a cell phone for $15 a month.