Best option for mirroring iPhone 4 screen to HDTV?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by mrat93, May 5, 2011.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I've done some research, and it appears that DisplayOut is the best option for mirroring software and Resupported4 is best for using generic cables. However, one last thing that I cannot find is which cable to get. There was a thread a while back with eBay links, but those listing have long expired. Can anybody recommend a good, cheap generic cable for this purpose?

2. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

Since I have an iPad 2, I just used my HDMI Digital AV Adapter on my iPhone 4 with DisplayOut. It works fine. You can find HDMI Cables for like $6 online. I recommend getting the Digital AV Adapter that Apple sells because it has a 30 pin port on the adapter so you can charge your iPhone while the adapter is plugged into your iPhone.

3. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

I was hoping there would be some cheaper alternatives, but it's whatever. I just bought the Apple AV adapter for $30 on eBay. Does it do audio too?

4. Rayfire macrumors 68030

Rayfire

Yes it does (referring to the HDMI digital adapter that Apple sells) been using mine since they released it and it works perfectly. Great video too coming from playing Netflix (iPhone) to a HDTV.

5. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

Does DisplayOut do this? Or do I have to modify the plist file to get audio out too?

6. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

I couldn't get netflix to work about a month ago... but the latest update on DisplayOut fixed it. Now netflix works fine, and it has audio. I didn't have to make any modifications.