Best Options for VOIP on iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by gravity black, Mar 12, 2012.

1. gravity black macrumors newbie

Hi,

My apartment has really terrible cell phone signal- to the point that for anyone to hear me I have to walk to the window every single time I get a phone call. My wi-fi, on the other hand, is great, (just got a new Time Capsule to dispense my speedy 34 Mbps cable connection :) ). I would like to know if anyone has a suggestion for a good Voice Over IP app for the iPhone- ideally one that used my current phone number, but even that is not a prerequisite.

I've tried Google Voice with mixed results. Any opinions or ideas?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Google Voice is not a VoIP app, because Google Voice is not a VoIP service. Look into Skype.

3. ryanvan25 macrumors newbie

MilliTalk VoIP App

I use MilliTalk for my WiFI and data calling. The app is free in the app store and they give you a free trial to try it out. I like it because all MilliTalk to MilliTalk calls are free, plus if you don't sign up for their calling plan, they still give you a small credit to make free calls to anyone each month. I like it cause when I'm out of the country I can call my girl friend without having to use international roaming or getting the international calling package from ATT.

Hope this helps. Here's their website if you want to check them out. http://www.MilliTalk.com

Cheers

4. barredfreak macrumors 6502

For VoIP, I use Skype and Viber. Both apps that are worth a second look.

5. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

Line2, it's 100 for a year. Works awesome, is the second line on my phone.

:)

6. petercarlos macrumors newbie

Sorry, no idea about Google Voice app. You can use Hosted PBX VoIP services and get an iPhone and PC dialer. I am also using a dialer provided by my Hosted PBX provider.

7. SanjayRoy macrumors newbie

Well I personally have tried most of the VoIP providers. Most people would suggest Skype. However, apart from skype u can try hosted PBX providers in the market which offer call rates half of which skype offers. Some of them are: Ringcentral , TheRealPBX , grasshopper & many more. I’m personally a user of The Real PBX, they have very economical telephony solutions.