Best or Worst Roomie Horror Stories

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by carbonmotion, Jun 19, 2007.

1. carbonmotion macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

I remember the first few semesters of college, I shared a dorm with some crazy kids.

One guy was a self deprecating racist who was so obsessed with his grades and getting to b-school that he would wake up in the middle of the night screaming about his grades. One time I got home and found the guy slapping himself while staring at the mirror... I asked him wth is he doing... he said he dishonored his family by letting a black kid get a better grade than him. The relationship kinda went down hill after that.

Another guy was a chronic masturbator and jerked off all the time and everywhere. I think once me an a lady friend came back to my place to chat and we caught him wanking off to some girl's profile picture on facebook.

The coolest guy I roomed with is this kid named Rob. Seriously, there is nothing you can do to piss him off. I once accidentally pulled the plug on his desktop while he was one the last page of his 13 page final paper... he ended up loosing four pages. I apologized profusely, expecting him to explode... All he did was shrug and went right back to writing. A few weeks later, I shot a airsoft pellet in to his LCD and it broke... when i told him, he reacted by saying "oh.... well alright." I learned alot from living with this kid.

Anyways, share your stories!

2. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

:eek: :eek:

Everywhere?
    Thats a new extreme!

Im sorry you had to live with that guy. But reading that makes me laugh so much!

3. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Did you punch him or something? please tell me you did

And did you end up buying him a new LCD?

4. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

well we argued quite a bit because he was paranoid and though i was doing stuff to him that i clearly wasn't... like purposefully slamming the drawers shut in the morning to wake him up.... sigh the interesting people you meet in college...

actually now that i think about it, i also suspected that he was supressing some homosexual tendencies. cause there would be these big rip guys who would shower then walk down the hall.... he would know exactly when they finished showering and the door would always be open when they walked by so he could look.

i did actually

5. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

Oh god... indeed, the people you meet in college...:eek:

Well, at least he didn't get angry over the issue...

6. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I was probably the "worst" roomie. Cal, triple in Unit 3 (so imagine three women cramped into a room the size of some people's bedroom closet :p). Anyhow, I'm sure they didn't appreciate that my alarm went off at 5AM Mondays through Saturdays and on race weekends, Sundays, too.

That and I'm a slob. They both kept their desks tidy and my desk surface was well... unusable.

They ended up making my stay so miserable that after the first semester, I got an amazing connection to a different room. Was a double at Clark Kerr and my new roomie was on the basketball team. So between her practice times and class schedule and my practice times and class schedule, we both always had the room to ourselves. She was a sweetie, too. :eek:

7. grafikat macrumors 6502a

grafikat

This is going to sound lame...friend of friend story but...

My Ex's friend (Call him Brian) had a wonderful experience.

Brian didn't really like his roommate (um, call him Bob), but he paid his rent on time and was "quiet, kept to himself"

One day, Bob came home, fixed himself a PB&J sandwich, sat down in front of the tv. The cops bust the door down, hall Brian and Bob off the the pokey...

Seems Bob had just stabbed some guy in the city park. Guess murder makes ya hungry :eek:

8. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

i dated a girl from cal, is it true that they let you guys keep alcohol in the dorms?

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

only had one roommate in my 3 years of college.... and he wasn't that bad. he was nice, we got a long but sometimes he got on my nerves from saying stupid things that shouldn't have been said.

10. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

its strange but i've lost some pretty good friend by becoming their apartment mates. i mean we literally got in to fist fights over dishes... don't talk to the kid to this day

11. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

I had a pretty bad roommate. I'm pretty sure he was bipolar.
    For instance, one day I was trying to get in the room and he was standing in the way, when I asked him to move and tapped (and I do mean just to let him know I was there) him he turned around and tried to choke me. He was very very angry and threatened me. Then a few days later he was desperately looking for a copy of The Notebook which he proceeded to watch by himself and cry. Thank goodness he moved out 2nd semester and I got the room to myself.

12. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

actually i think at some point between my freshman-soph-junior year everyone in my hall was posting on Macrumors using my account because they found it entertaining... i guess thats why those posts were extra fratty/ obnoxious sounding. i had to password my computer because it got to a point where they were pretending to be me and talking on my aim to my girl friend... which was the source of some great pains.

13. pengu macrumors 6502a

not "my" roomie, but a crazy story none-the-less.

a good friend of mine, and an aquaintance, moved into a townhouse in the city.

good friend generally has life sorted out, the other guy is a complete mummies (mommies for you yanks :p) boy and cant do ANYTHING for himself.

only lasted a few months, and when it went to *****, the mother of the mummies boy blamed the OTHER GUY because her son put on weight, because "you didnt cook for him" so he ate Frozen pizzas, frozen pies and mcdonalds/kfc etc all the time.

and to further show the qualities of this guy, since moving back in with his parents, his mum has set him up with the daughter of some family friend.

14. carbonmotion thread starter macrumors 6502a

carbonmotion

that's pretty disgusting

15. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Ouch, that sucks. I never really had to do anything like that. But this one time I set up my computer so it would activate my screensaver and password protect it whenever my phone (and thus me) would be out of Bluetooth range. And at the time I also had it set up so if someone put in a wrong password it would take a picture with the iSight and on the next login I'd be alerted.
    So one day I came back from class and found this picture: (I've blurred out offensive parts, but you get the idea)

Attached Files:

16. AuburnCap macrumors newbie

I had a "wonderful" roommate my sophomore year in college. This guy was cool at first, but after a while he just became a total prick. First off I swear if he didn't have a girlfriend i would have thought he was gay. Not that that is a problem but its gatta be one or the other. Second this guy was worse than a top 40 radio station. He played the same crap every day without headphones. I heard "Hey Ya" and some crap by Brittney Spears so many times that I wanted to kill myself.

The worst was the ONE night that he went to bed before me. I was busy finishing an paper for a class and suddenly he hops out of bed gets all pissed off, phones a friend and leaves. Before he closes the door he cusses me out and slams the door. Less than 5 minutes later my paper was printed and I was in bed.

So yeah that was a fun experience.

17. TheBusDriver macrumors 6502

How did you do that?

18. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

It's a very long process and the photo taking part recently freaked out on me, so I'm not sure what happened. But if you want more info, send me a PM

19. applekid macrumors 68020

iSight on Invalid Login attempts here

Anyways, my roommate came in a little too drunk one night. He blacked out from about 11 PM to the next day, so we had trouble figuring out what he did that night, but anyways, he comes in at 2-3 AM. He climbs into bed. I just went to bed so I heard him come in. Then I start hearing him choking/puking. I yelled to him (he's on the top bunk), if he was alright. Then I started seeing puke start dropping from above. To not get puked on, I worm my way to the other end of my bed, then get up to get the lights. He's a horrible mess. He's got puke all over his shirt, his sheets, some on my sheets, some hit the stuff on my desk (including this MacBook Pro I'm typing from), and of course a nice pool of puke forming on the floor.

Oh, the reasons I don't drink.

Anyways, I run to the bathroom to get paper towels and a few people that were awake at that hour. He was done puking by the time I got back, so we took care of wiping things down. We got him down and then we put him on my mattress (after I got pulled off my sheets). I ended up sleeping in someone else's room for the night.

Apparently my roommate somehow managed to get into our building without his card. Then he magically climbed up the stairs and passed out in the bathroom. Then someone woke him up and he walked to our door. But, he couldn't open the door. According to the person that helped him in, he walked up to the door and had his hand on the knob, but wasn't doing anything. And then, he somehow managed to climb to his bed...

They totally should've left him on the bathroom floor...

So, we attempted to rebuild his memory. We learned that he walked around without shoes at some point. He wore his friend's undershirt (that he puked on). He yelled to his girlfriend "I love you," when he was trying to figure out a good way to break up with her. He dropped his wallet, cell phone, ID, and other things at the nearby basketball court.

Top that story.

20. pengu macrumors 6502a

my friend threw up in a waste bin when he was 18.

wasn't until the morning when his dad walked in that he realised it was a MESH bin.

21. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Delete This

ughhh I clicked new post instead of new thread. I am retarded.

DELETE THIS

22. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

I know someone a lot like that right now, his family is from SA and so he was brought up with that kind of attitude to other races. He constantly worries about school work. However he's admittedly gay, so not in the closet as was your room mate.

As for my room mate disaster, that would have to be last year in NZ. I did a 6-month course on ski patrolling and needed to live in a small town in NZ for 6 months. My dad helped me get a place and then I offered the rooms to other people on the course. I offered the spots before I met anyone on the course.

Andrew was the only one that took up the offer at that stage, he seemed like a nice guy, my age, about a few months older and well-adjusted, but he was a complete prick.

Arguments ensued from doing the dishes (he worked on the rule that one person cooks the food, the other cleans the dishes, yet when he cooked, he'd use every single bloody implement in the kitchen, so cleaning up would be a mammoth undertaking).

He was also pretty dull, he never wanted to come out drinking with guys on the course, and always insisted he knew everything,so much so that by the end of the course everyone wanted to deck him, and I was living with him... but had learnt to ignore.

I still talk to him occasionally when I see him online, but he has no contact with anyone else from the course, no one wants to see him again. And all because he acted like such a prick and know-it-all.

23. jng macrumors 65816

jng

Don't want to. Drunk stories are generally sad and can be "horror stories."

My freshman dorm was crazy. There was one guy who's hairy as a bear. Nasty. Many of the guys did occassionally streaked to freak out the girls. But that was livable.

But this one guy, I don't think anyone wanted to see him naked. But he would walk around nude all the time, until finally he was reported. Worse, he also constantly masturbated. And he would complain about his roomate walking in on him. One time he also slept with a girl in his ROOMATE's bed. Jerk.

Another time some guys who didn't live in my dorm thought it'd be fun to play with the fire extinguishers and spray it all over the dorm, setting off the alarms at 2:30am during Finals.

One night when I wanted to sleep really bad, I wake up to sirens. One of the kids got piss-drunk and passed out in the bathroom. Apparently people didn't notice notice him. He was a depressed drunk type kid. I hate drunk stories because they can be scary.

Another time a friend of mine locked himself in his room at a party. He had worked the bar earlier and seemed off but fine. People freaked out and we spent an hour trying to break his door. Initially we tried to just bang him out so he couldn't sleep. And he banged back. Then he stopped. But people were afraid of the police and the party getting broke up. Another friend and I were sick of people not making a decision so we told party goers we called the police. Then we actually did. Friend was passed out (face up) - freaky. Everything turned out okay later though.

If someone you know is drunk and in trouble, call the police.

24. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

I had a roommate that brought a homeless man home and slept with him in the living room. My other roommate and I both walked in on the two.

I moved the next week.

25. pengu macrumors 6502a

um. you clearly dont mean you caught them snoozing?

and i have to ask. how low was his/her self esteem to do it with a homeless man? or was it a charitable donation? did they claim it on their tax?