Best Organizational Software?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Chris Rogers, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Does anyone have any recommended software to keep students organized?

I used MacJournal last semester for note taking and had a great experience with it, and would recommend it to anyone. I tried Evernote (even with their iPhone app) which is a little bit worse than 'just ok' IMO.

I also just downloaded a free trial of BumpTop. Looks pretty cool too.

In addition to iCal, I'm not sure how much more organized I can possibly be, but I'd be interested in seeing what everyone else uses.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I used an old-fashioned planner in college. What exactly are you looking for? IMO organization only takes you too far. I wouldn't look for more excuses to "organize" if thats all I ended up doing.

3. Chris Rogers thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

Good point

4. mattwolfmatt macrumors 65816

mattwolfmatt

Do you have multiple devices you're using (ie iphone or ipod touch or mac or pc)? If so, I suggest mobileme. Nothing worse than writing down an appointment on your computer, then two hours later, checking that date on your iphone and saying "Hm, did I schedule something for that day?"

It's not $99. It's $75 on amazon ($0.20 a day).

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I had the exact opposite experience, OP. MacJournal drove me to distraction and I'm in love with evernote :p. Must be different brain styles...

6. ncthomas macrumors newbie

Zengobi Curio

I did all the trials I could find about a year ago and my favorite hands down was Zengobi Curio (http://www.zengobi.com).

I am a pretty scatterbrained person and need to be able to get ideas down quickly and move on without getting stuck on deciding where each idea should go. Curio lets me do that and I would venture to say that it is the only software I have ever used that conforms to me more than it makes me conform to it.

It's probably not as cheap as many of the rest, but its price is well-deserved, and they do offer academic pricing. But price aside, I think it should definitely be included on any top five list of software to evaluate.