Best OS for late 2006 Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Ih8reno, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

I was wondering if it is worth it upgrading my late 2006 Macbook to Lion or simply leave it on Snow Leopard. It has 1.83ghz processor and 4gb ram (reads 3).

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Then general consensus is that Snow Leopard is faster than Lion at most tasks on a Macbook of your vintage. Of course, Lion does have newer features like iCloud as well as still getting security updates for a short while.

3. Ih8reno thread starter macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

That's what I thought, was unsure. Thanks for the help Intell!

4. brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

I wouldn't upgrade. Snow Leopard runs pretty much every relevant apps. If you want iStuff integration, you would probably prefer buying a new Mac.

5. Ih8reno thread starter macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

Thanks, got tons of macs right now, main machine is a 2011 MacBook Pro running Mavericks so I guess I'll stick with Snow Leopard

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Probably the best for that Mac.

7. Aperturexs macrumors newbie

I run Lion on a Late 2006 20" iMac, but it has considerably more power than your MacBook graphics wise. I would say stick with Snow Leopard if you want speed and for your mac to not be all that stressed, or go with Lion if you want the updates to the OS, and still supported software. Anyhow for a mac of that caliber I would go with Snow Leopard. Have fun with it!

8. okaycarefise macrumors newbie

Great, Anyhow for a mac of that caliber I would go with Snow Leopard. Have fun with it! thanks[​IMG]