Best Palm Guards

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wwhitmire, Apr 29, 2007.

?

What is your favorite palm and track pad guard?

1. Marware

11.1%
  2. Invisishield

11.1%
  3. Moshi

50.0%
  4. Bestskinsever

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other

27.8%
  1. wwhitmire macrumors newbie

As I prepare to buy my new macbook, I am curious to see what everyone's favorite palm guards are. I think I'm leaning toward Moshi, but would love to hear about people's firsthand experiences. Thanks for the help!

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

3. PDE macrumors 68020

I've used invisibleshield, moshi and marware. To me, invisible shield is nice, but it tends to get yellow and scratched over time and just not look great on the white macbooks. On the black, it's hard to apply to make look good. Marware is nice, but doesn't wear well and looks bad once it starts wearing down. It also has the huge MARWARE text on it which ruins the look. Protects well though and feels good under your hands. Moshi is high quality, a little harder than marware and blends in very nicely. It also includes track button and pad protection which work very nicely. I also think that it helps prevent cracking where the display 'cushions' hit the bottom case because it distributes the impact over a larger surface area. I love the moshi palmguard! If I had to rate them:

Invisibleshield 6.5/10

Marware 7.5/10

Moshi 9.5/10

4. wwhitmire thread starter macrumors newbie

I've been leaning toward the moshi guards. I haven't heard alot about them until recently, but everything that I've heard is good.

5. Andrew D. macrumors 6502

I am actually gearing up to purchase my MacBook as well and I am also wondering about this.. Please, vote everyone and thanks to wwhitmire for posting this thread! Cheers!

6. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

since i got my macbook i've been toying with the idea of getting the invisible shield for it. but its quite expensive for the small amount of area it covers. thanks to PDE's post above i went and looked into the moshi guard, ordered it last night. so once i get it i'll report back with my thoughts on it.

7. Igantius macrumors 65816

I'm (yet) another person going to get a Macbook in the near future - are these palm guards definitely worth getting? Have to admit, I really like the look of the Moshi one.

Also, is is worth getting protection for the outer case, like the one Invisableshield does?

8. airfang macrumors regular

I bought Marware palmguard right after placin the order for MBP

works great, just that I cant enjoy the look of shiny silver palmrest now...:rolleyes:

9. dcains macrumors regular

10. PDE macrumors 68020

Aaah, yes, I forgot. I tried these on a white macbook and.....they were awful. Before I had even put them on they were dirty and smudged and, worst of all, they couldn't be cleaned. The trackpad cover got slightly bent as I was putting it on and there was no way to straighten it again - it felt like cheap paper actually, although I'm sure it wasn't. It's an amazingly bad idea to have a light-colored felt-like (not quite but almost) where your dirty hands are. Maybe the silver will be better...

I returned them and told powersupport how unhappy I was. They didn't charge the restocking fee.

11. dcains macrumors regular

CR@P! Oh well, at least they took it back. Thanks for the report. I just canceled my wrist rug order and then ordered the moshi.

12. PDE macrumors 68020

I think that was a good choice - even if these things are rather subjective. The powersupport one looked really nice on their pictures, but in practice it wasn't. I think you'll like the Moshi - it's not as soft as the others but it looks great and provides really good protection. I even like the trackpad film which, unlike the invisibleshield one feels good to the touch.

13. PDE macrumors 68020

here's a picture of the white moshi....

Attached Files:

14. mikes63737 macrumors 65816

Wow... that looks so nice compared to the Marware one.

15. PDE macrumors 68020

yeah, it's much more elegant and unobtrusive, not to mention the above one has been used for three months by my girlfriend and still looks brand new. The marware one was looking pretty nasty after a few months and developed what looked like tears in the material.

16. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

thanks for the pictures PDE, looks good and can't wait to get mine. :)

17. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

Anyone know where to get Moshi in the US?

I checked out Moshi and it definitely looks better then Invisibleshield and Marware...but correct me if I am wrong but isn't it only available in Europe? Does anyone know where to get it in North America?

18. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

ordered mine from: here

19. PDE macrumors 68020

Yeah, that's where I got mine too. they ship directly from Taiwan, but once they ship out it only take 2 days with DHL or UPS international (don' forget to order express shipping!). Took about a week all in all since they didn't ship for a few days. Seems like a good company to deal with though.

20. Mondochuk macrumors newbie

I had the Marware myself for about 6 months, then it started to wear, and come up along the edges and lose its tackiness.

Then I saw someone recommend the Moshi, ordered it on a Thursday, got here the following Tuesday, and it's great, love the wrist rest and trackpad cover, prevents even more wear and tear on my trackpad.

I'd heavily recommend the Moshi.

21. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

damn, i have a 17". They only have 13 and 15 :(