best part of the iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rawcat, Oct 5, 2007.

1. rawcat macrumors newbie

i was wondering what people use the iphone most for... it would seem listening to music but if you already have an ipod, why bother? did it replace the ipod for anybody? thanks!

2. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Disclaimer: I don't have an iPhone.

The most appealing feature for me is the browser.

3. i0Nic macrumors 65816

The fact that it replaces 2 devices, the ipod and phone, into a solid convergence device is the best part. At the same time, it makes each part better which cannot be said for basically any other convergence device.

4. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

the thing i like about the iphone, is the fact that all thoose features are one device.

5. calvy macrumors 65816

Mine did not replace my 30gig ipod, but it did make it permanently stay in my car. I only use it now in my car as a music library. My iphone is for traveling and listening on the go.

Here's another one for you. I had an ipod video before. I NEVER watched video on it. I hated it. It didn't seem worth my effort to recode video for my ipod and not be pleased watching it on that little screen the size of a gum wrapper. Now, with my iphone, I regularly carry around TV shows with me I didn't get a chance to see when they aired. I watch video all the time. Amazing what a lovely color screen can do for a device.

6. RossoA macrumors 6502

RossoA

I've got a 160GB Classic and I'm still getting an iPhone, not only cause of the awesome UI but because I can load it with select TV shows and watch them on a nicer, bigger screen when bored in lessons :D

7. KittyToy macrumors 6502

KittyToy

If I had to pick one of the Best things it would be the Screen size/Resolution...Video's look awesome on this thing.....I Started watching most of my TV shows on my iphone.

8. ~Phi macrumors regular

9. Gonzlobo Suspended

I like the mp3 player followed by the internet browser - so long as they're not used simultaneously.

10. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I just love the fact that I have an ipod, an internet browser, a camera and a phone all packed into one device. The good looks is just the icing on the cake :cool:

11. Ramsos macrumors regular

Ramsos

For me it's Safari hands down. Pics and vids are also great, the iPod portion speaks for itself.

12. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Communication. ;)

Given, no? But to elaborate, it makes texting and email so seamless and easy. I almost never use the iPod function. And I do use Safari at times, but really, I've found the texting and in particular, mail app to be so convenient.

(And seamless integration w/ Mac apps like address book, iCal, etc.-- apps I never used until the iPhone pretty much shoved it in my face. :D)

13. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I use it mostly for the iPod. Least used feature is the phone.

14. Sobe macrumors 68000

Sobe

for me it's not so much any one feature but rather the way email, texts, ipod, web are all available in my pocket in an aethetically pleasing package that is a joy to use.

The iPhone has replaced a 30 gig (gave it to my father) and an 8 gig nano.

When I go out, I can hook up my phone to my Alpine head unit and get all my music with me while still having all my communications needs at my fingertips.

15. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Safari, Phone, iPod, texting, camera, pictures, video.

it's 1. shh

16. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

All in one!

I really like the Google Maps feature. I use it like a phone book finding businesses I need to call in a matter of seconds.

17. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

For me it is the best iPod I have ever had and has replaced my 60GB iPod completely, sure the 8GB doesn't fit all my music but I think most people with large music collections don't listen to most of it anyway and I certainly fit in that category! Now I can sit there listening to my iPod and not have to worry if I have missed a call so I no longer need to constantly pull my Treo out of my pocket to check it as even with vibrate I would constantly miss calls in the past.

I also like how snappy it is to use coming from my Windows Mobile 6 based Treo 750 it is an absolute dream to use, the Treo used to freeze and take forever to do common tasks where my iPhone continues to amaze me with how responsive it is, well that is unless you try to do something like open up the full MySpace website but MySpace will bring any browser to it's knees.

All it needs is a multi-protocol iChat that supports background mode that includes both MSN and gTalk (Jabber) and then I will be an extremely happy camper!

18. divabimbers macrumors member

I love everything about the iPhone so far but for me, what I got a big kick out of was having incoming text notifications. It's so unobtrusive and I like how you can see who sent the text and what it's about. The little things do count for a lot.

19. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

It is an advanced internet device. Really it is an all in one sexy little toy.

20. Ill Mitch macrumors member

Ill Mitch

Yeah I can relate, I used to never use text messages with my old phone because it was just faster to call someone instead of use the number pad to type messages.

But now with my iphone I text people all the time because it's so much faster.

21. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

22. one1 macrumors 65816

iPods are old news.

checking your mail on the move is old news.

Safari in your pocket....... That's front page, baby!